Notices

a sober weekend

Old 11-05-2015, 05:20 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Well day 4 is almost done. I was so close to saying screw it. Rough day, roug day after work. I feel depressed as hell, but if I don't get through this depression though than what's the point. Have a few beers than I am back to day 1 again.

I am going to make it today. Hitting the sack again.

When does the mood lighten up again? I feel like a drag to me and everyone around me.
Old 11-05-2015, 05:50 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Well, I have made it through Day One...so far. But I do okay the first few days. I had been on quite a bender and I had a lot of dishes to do...now I have to wash sheets. Just doing that should keep me good.

Casey, hang in there. Have you considered going to an online meeting Friday at 6? They can be hard for me to get to, but I love them.
Old 11-05-2015, 06:06 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Sober weekends are fun, man. You can do it! Get up at 7am, have a healthy breakfast, and hit the road for some exploring. Stop for lunch at a place you've never been before. Get outside your comfort zone and enjoy the outdoors. Take a nap. Read a book. Have some coffee in the late afternoon to snap you outta your siesta, and hit the grocery store for something fun and challenging to cook. Put on some jazz, cook, and maybe put some hoops or football on the TV in the background. Wash it down with some seltzer water and lime, make some popcorn and enjoy a movie. Make a fire in the fireplace. Sleep long, well, and good. Wake up Sunday and repeat.
Old 11-05-2015, 06:11 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bigsombrero View Post
Sober weekends are fun, man. You can do it! Get up at 7am, have a healthy breakfast, and hit the road for some exploring. Stop for lunch at a place you've never been before. Get outside your comfort zone and enjoy the outdoors. Take a nap. Read a book. Have some coffee in the late afternoon to snap you outta your siesta, and hit the grocery store for something fun and challenging to cook. Put on some jazz, cook, and maybe put some hoops or football on the TV in the background. Wash it down with some seltzer water and lime, make some popcorn and enjoy a movie. Make a fire in the fireplace. Sleep long, well, and good. Wake up Sunday and repeat.
Very well put. thank you!!!!!
Old 11-05-2015, 06:16 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Oh, you're in for a treat, sober weekends are the best!!! Join us on the weekender thread.
Old 11-05-2015, 06:38 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by melki View Post
Oh, you're in for a treat, sober weekends are the best!!! Join us on the weekender thread.
Iam trying to make it. Its been tough, I decided before leaving work today I was going to go home and drink. And so far I haven't and I got past the desire.

I'll jump in that thread. As of right now I am feeling good for the weekend. I hope my mood remains high. But if it drops I'll be sure to post my feelings here, it seems to help.
Old 11-05-2015, 07:00 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by casey27 View Post
Iam trying to make it. Its been tough, I decided before leaving work today I was going to go home and drink. And so far I haven't and I got past the desire.

I'll jump in that thread. As of right now I am feeling good for the weekend. I hope my mood remains high. But if it drops I'll be sure to post my feelings here, it seems to help.
Stay with us for the weekend:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...nov-6th-8.html
It really, REALLY helps to keep posting a lot. If you have any alcohol at home, dump it. Even if your mood drops, keep posting through the cravings. You can do it. Believe me, at the close of the weekend it will feel freaking fantastic to have made it.
Old 11-05-2015, 07:11 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Day 4 is fantastic Casey!!
Old 11-05-2015, 11:58 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats on day 4
Old 11-11-2015, 02:00 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

I need to post an update.

So far I think I've been doing great. I got over the 'crave' of it. Sunday afternoon I had 1 can of beer while watching the football game and I had no urge or want or anything to have another. And thats all i've had. I had a pretty crappy day dealing with the new vehicle, dealership, warranty, etc and yet I dont feel any need to go home and 'unwind' with alcohol. Gonna keep doing what I am doing.

And I got so much done around the house, I slept a bit, I got up early and got things accomplished. Its been great!
Old 11-11-2015, 02:02 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good stuff