Notices

The wine witch hates sober recovery

Old 11-02-2015, 03:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The wine witch hates sober recovery

I've posted a few times on this site when I am determined to change my drinking habits then ..... along comes the wine witch... she says things to me like ...
You're not like those people on that site.

It's not real you know, you will never meet any of these people.

The people on that site won't even notice if you never post anything on there again.

You only use the site if you choose to, no one's forcing you, you can never go back on there again and do what you enjoy ... drinking.

It's all a load of rubbish you really don't need to be going on there.

So after hearing this a few times I start to agree .... after all its virtual it's not real life .....
And off I go to buy some wine!!!
Old 11-02-2015, 04:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

We call the WW our alcoholic voice, and your AV can be super persuasive, even if you've moved past the raw craving stage.

I guess your best chance is to work out why you want to stop drinking and really believe it will make life better for you.
Old 11-02-2015, 04:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by adelina123 View Post
And off I go to buy some wine!!!
Let us know how that works out for you.

Alcoholics like myself tried that over and over again
with yet the same results.

Even at times back to the drink for considerable time
but
once again bitten hard in the end.

Some will tire from the running with the liquid devil.

Mountainmanbob
Old 11-02-2015, 04:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

There are millions of reasons to drink just no good ones. I am a real person who drank for a very long time. 6 years ago I was sick and tired of being sick and tired.

I went to intensive outpatient therapy, then AA, then found SR. Today I do a lot of things that keep me sober.

You will not out think your drinking but the are actions that will led to a fantastic sober life
Old 11-02-2015, 04:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Isn't it funny how this "virtual" world hasn't ever hurt you....

Yet over there in your "Real" world, you keep drinking wine and then secretly coming back to the "virtual" one because you know deep inside, well beyond that voice that leads you to the wine store, that what's "real" isn't working and what's "virtual" holds something you truly want....?

When you're here reading this next..... welcome back.

Old 11-02-2015, 04:51 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hello:

All I hear is AV in your post.

This place might be virtual but it's real!

We are really here to help and support you!!!
Old 11-02-2015, 05:15 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

We may have anonymous user names, but we are all very real people. The advice and support people give on here has a real impact on real people's lives. Every day you read posts from people who didn't pick up the bottle, today, because of support they received from their very real friends and supporters on here. But of course you know that, because you post on here and you know you're real.

If you haven't already, it might be worth having a look at the AVRT Crash Course (type those words into a search engine and you should find the website). It feels like you're someone who could really benefit from being able to identify the primitive part of your brain where your AV (your "Wine Witch") is coming from. And understanding that you do not have to listen to it. It cares nothing about you, your health, your relationships, your job. Nothing. All it wants is alcohol, and it will say anything to try and trick you into drinking again. But it can't do anything without your active help. So next time your Wine Witch starts up, just very politely tell her where she can go!
Old 11-02-2015, 05:17 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

We've all thought the same!

Thing is, if you stop going to AA in "real life", or leave rehab in "real life", or even quit your job in "real life" so you can drink full-time...they will also move on without you. The world continues to move forward, whether you are drinking or not!

Your post shows insight. Because you know - in the end - this is going to come down to YOU being honest with YOURSELF. Getting sober for yourself, and being responsible to yourself and nobody else, is at the heart of sobriety in my opinion. SR is a support system. This website, AA, or rehab can't get you sober. Only you can do it. It's tough as hell and we've been down this road where two sides of your brain are fighting like cats tossed in a paper bag.

Power through. Go with your gut. Run with your reasonable side, even if your WW side is telling you that it won't be much fun.
Old 11-02-2015, 05:26 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Do your best

Originally Posted by adelina123 View Post
I've posted a few times on this site when I am determined to change my drinking habits then ..... along comes the wine witch... she says things to me like ...
You're not like those people on that site.

It's not real you know, you will never meet any of these people. Wrong Mrs WineWitch friendships have been made & kept on SR and from that in real life too

The people on that site won't even notice if you never post anything on there again.Wrong Mrs WineWitch I will for one & so will others

You only use the site if you choose to, no one's forcing you, I agree with Mrs WineWitch here as the choice to be with your friends isn't decided or chosen by Mrs WineWitch its made by you Adelina

It's all a load of rubbish you really don't need to be going on there.Nice try Mrs WineWitch I think Adelina knows she's alcoholic

So after hearing this a few times I start to agree That's unfortunate Adelina as I think your better than that
Hi Adelina I hope you didn't buy drink but if you have please be safe & know SR will be here when your ready
Old 11-02-2015, 05:30 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Adelina - in your profile you state that while everything on the outside of your life is okay, you continue to drink. Why is that? It's a question I've asked myself a thousand times, too. My answer: because I'm an alcoholic. Once I admitted it, my recovery began to make sense to me. How about you?
Old 11-02-2015, 05:47 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Trudgin

There is one here that is not virtual........YOU!

Before I quit drinking, if I saw me hitchhiking down the road out of gas - I would not have picked me up.

I quit because my skin didn't fit and I was tired of it. Somewhere inside I knew I was different than what I projected. My values and beliefs no longer mimicked my actions and behaviors.........

There is no wine witch, just us drunks.
Hope you'll stick around til you find you, friend
Old 11-02-2015, 12:55 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by OpenTuning View Post
We may have anonymous user names, but we are all very real people. The advice and support people give on here has a real impact on real people's lives. Every day you read posts from people who didn't pick up the bottle, today, because of support they received from their very real friends and supporters on here. But of course you know that, because you post on here and you know you're real.

If you haven't already, it might be worth having a look at the AVRT Crash Course (type those words into a search engine and you should find the website). It feels like you're someone who could really benefit from being able to identify the primitive part of your brain where your AV (your "Wine Witch") is coming from. And understanding that you do not have to listen to it. It cares nothing about you, your health, your relationships, your job. Nothing. All it wants is alcohol, and it will say anything to try and trick you into drinking again. But it can't do anything without your active help. So next time your Wine Witch starts up, just very politely tell her where she can go!
Oh I will be very polite..... not!! Thank you and you're right that witch doesn't care about my life in any way she just wants to destroy it!!
Old 11-02-2015, 12:57 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
Hi Adelina I hope you didn't buy drink but if you have please be safe & know SR will be here when your ready
It's ok I didn't and had no intention I was just recalling past conversations in my head that have led me to buy the wine x
Old 11-02-2015, 01:00 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by On The Road View Post
Adelina - in your profile you state that while everything on the outside of your life is okay, you continue to drink. Why is that? It's a question I've asked myself a thousand times, too. My answer: because I'm an alcoholic. Once I admitted it, my recovery began to make sense to me. How about you?
good question I really don't know .... because it helps me relax, it's an escape, it makes the edges of reality a little fuzzy and rose tinted. Because I'm addicted to the initial buzz .... but then won't stop there not anymore anyway!!
Old 11-02-2015, 01:02 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Do your best

Old 11-02-2015, 01:15 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

This is a virtual, anonymous space, yes. but you get out what you put in. Put in energy, time, willingness, and in return you get experience, strength and hope.
Old 11-02-2015, 03:10 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

We're here to support you adelina

This is a great link - maybe think of it as your own personal anti-witch project?

https://store.samhsa.gov/shin/conten...0/SMA-3720.pdf