Notices

I thought I was okay ...

Old 11-01-2015, 04:50 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
JD
You're not shackled to not drinking, you're free from drinking

Desertsong, there is only so much we can do. The rest is up to you. And you know that. Tomorrow is another day. Get some rest now and post back here in the morning.
Old 11-01-2015, 09:55 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Choosing Life

Dumped it all before things got too nuts. Headed to bed now. I love you guys. Thank you. Tomorrow will be better. Less stress, new life. A hundred reasons to drink balanced by a hundred reasons not to. The last week was horrendous getting ready to move but I have made it. Please don't give up on me. I need your support.
Old 11-01-2015, 10:39 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

We'll be here for you tomorrow, desertsong. Please check back and let us now how you're doing.

Delfin
Old 11-02-2015, 11:51 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Not giving up, desert - you'll be back with new resolve after this episode.
Old 11-02-2015, 12:10 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

We are here for you. We will support you all the way. The heavy lifting falls to you though. Get some rest and get back at it tomorrow.
I know a move can be hellishly overwhelming, but one box at a time, one thing at a time. Slowly and surely you will get there. Start with one box.
The very best thing you can do when you wake up is force yourself out of bed. Take a shower, get a large glass of juice and start. Staying in bed and wallowing in sorrow and regret will only lead to more thoughts of drinking. Get up, start addressing the move and do not drink. No matter what.
When looking at a huge task to take care of a good thing to remember is "nothing to it, but to do it"
Old 11-02-2015, 12:20 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Hey desertsong, im not sure where in the world u are so unsure on time difference. How ru????

U sounded so desperate in ur post. U have got to make sure u don't have ANY booze in the house NOTHING, even if its expensive, throw that s**t away, its the devil. U know full well that ull feel great for a few hrs & then like death for days, sick, headache, dehydration, anxiety, shame, self pity & many more awful feelings. Its just not worth it!!!

Do u live on ur own or with a family??? Do u have any hobbies ur interested in??
Old 11-02-2015, 01:45 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry to see you in such pain DS.

you know the support is amazing here - but you and I also know it doesn't do much good if you're still sticking with the bottle.

Let go of the fear - allow yourself the gift of sobriety, freedom and hope, DS

D