Notices

26 and have a problem

Old 11-01-2015, 04:58 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Trudgin

Welcome, soulpower

Meetings may give you some insight into the disease of alcoholism - some drink daily for many years, some binge drink for only a few years, others in between.

Alcoholics as you probably surmised are of all ages and social/economic backgrounds. Attending some meetings will help you identify if and where you fall on the continuum. Regardless of labels, if alcohol is becoming a serious issue in your life you may find what many here have - life without alcohol is so much more fulfilling and peaceful.

Glad you're here!
Old 11-01-2015, 07:35 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, soulpower. 26 is the perfect age to choose sobriety. You have the rest of your long life to live in the beauty and fulfillment of each sober day.

Glad you found us.
Old 11-01-2015, 08:16 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I drank similar to you when I was 26. I thought it was normal and I was just having fun. It got progressively worse as I turned 30 to the point I was drinking everyday by myself to the point of blacking out. Now I'm 33 and been sober for almost 5 months and never want to go back to drinking again. I wish I would've stopped at 26! It's really good that you can sense you have a problem with alcohol because believe me and everyone else it will only get worse. Worse than you ever imagined
Old 11-01-2015, 09:47 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hi and welcome! There are lots of us in our early to mid 20's here who can really connect with what you're going through.
Old 11-02-2015, 03:00 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Glad to know! Thanks guys. I really want to make a change. I'm such a procrastinator - even with eating healthy and that kind of thing. I need to reverse that. If I make a habit of coming here every day I think I'll be mindful
Old 11-03-2015, 09:47 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Soulpower!!
Old 11-03-2015, 02:25 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

well just dont try top do it alone a good support group can go a long way!!!
Old 11-03-2015, 03:35 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I am 27 and going through the same thing. I dont crave it all the time, but once I pop one open I do not stop until I am physically unable to put the bottle to my face. Wake up the next day and I am fine till the next social event.

You're not alone.
Old 11-04-2015, 05:43 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

That's exactly me casey... maybe not until physically able, but what often happens is I feel fine and then it hits me like a sidecar, and I become a belligerent/nonsensical/annoying person no one wants to deal with. Not many friends have seen it, but the ones who have...it's deeply shameful and embarrassing, and I'll do anything to not have to repeat these mistakes again.