Notices

Day 6: Deep Breaths, Essential Oils, Cranberry Juice and Tea

Old 10-31-2015, 11:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 6: Deep Breaths, Essential Oils, Cranberry Juice and Tea

It's 1:00 and this is the time when I usually start popping corks, so I made myself some tea. I've been drinking cranberry juice too which helps. I have essential oils that are also very calming. My anxiety is extremely high at times. It's weird because I'll feel fine for awhile and then it just hits me. I can't use alcohol to make that feeling go away anymore. I have to actually feel the anxiety and I hate that. So lots of deep breaths for me. Trying to stay calm and not freak out like yesterday.
Old 10-31-2015, 11:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

Sounds good Secretchord when I have a panic attack I do the same I do breath exercises and meditation & I love tea

Cranberry juice is one of my favourite things
Old 10-31-2015, 12:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 6 and waking up without a hangover! I can relate to the 1:00 time and what I would have done in the past at this time. I'm right there with you.

Instead, you are making tea and I'm popping M&Ms. Whatever works!
Old 10-31-2015, 01:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I just switched from tea to cranberry juice and diet 7up. Got some relaxing music playing and using some aromatherapy. So far so good.
Old 10-31-2015, 01:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Adventurer

That is good keeping hydrated helps mitigate the anxiety. The anxiety used to come over me in waves especially the last few years before I quit drinking. The easy solution was to have a drink, the hard one was to suffer and not use alcohol. I will say now that many months have passed sober I have never had my anxiety this manageable. Stick it out and good things will happen.
Old 10-31-2015, 01:55 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
JD
You're not shackled to not drinking, you're free from drinking

I've found mindful meditation to really help with anxiety. It takes a number of days of practice though so may not bring instant relief. There are a number of good apps for a phone or tablet that'll walk you through the first number of days. Afterwards you can buy a subscription service but I never saw the need for that.
Old 10-31-2015, 02:29 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Try listening to Tara brach......she runs a meditation center in Washington, D.C.......I always find her message full of meaning and she has an incredible calming voice.