Notices

Day 5: Freaking Out

Old 10-30-2015, 01:41 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Don't freak out, i felt the same earlier, im ok tho. U honeslty should throw out the booze, this will only tempt u & then ull feel awful. I'm chilling tonight, between here, reading & watching some dvd's, kiddies r at grandma's & OH is on nights, so im alone.....im ok tho....day 12!!!

U CAN DO IT!!!!!💕
Old 10-30-2015, 01:43 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Could just go to bed early?

There are a million other options, if you really don't want to drink. If you do want to drink, there's only one.

You can do it!!
Old 10-30-2015, 02:50 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

So I got a plan. Me and my best friend are going to sing karaoke sober. She is a good person and is supporting me. Honestly, I know I will be more tempted to drink if I stay home than if I go out. I know me.
Old 10-30-2015, 03:10 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

You can do this!!

The plan is to make it until bedtime, keep it simple, tomorrow and the rest of the weekend will take care of itself, but tonight you're making it to bedtime Sober!!
Old 10-30-2015, 03:19 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

If you can't force yourself to pour it away........give it away.......that's what I do.
Old 10-30-2015, 03:46 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I had to take a Valium (prescribed). It's been a terrible 5 days. I just need to calm down to see what's really happening here.
Old 10-30-2015, 06:20 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Adventurer

Originally Posted by Debbie329 View Post
If you can't force yourself to pour it away........give it away.......that's what I do.
Give it away! People love getting gifts.
Old 10-31-2015, 05:04 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
JD
You're not shackled to not drinking, you're free from drinking

Hey secretchord, how'd you do? Hope you're just waking up alcohol free.
Old 10-31-2015, 06:54 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Went out and sang and me and my friend didn't drink the whole night. It was harder to sing because I was nervous but I did it.
Old 10-31-2015, 06:55 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I cleaned out my house of alcohol before I left last night. That was harder than I thought it would be. But it's all gone.
Old 10-31-2015, 07:01 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
JD
You're not shackled to not drinking, you're free from drinking

That's all great. Good job!
Old 10-31-2015, 07:08 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Great job! Doesn't it feel great to wake up without a hangover? Keep it up. You got this!
Old 10-31-2015, 07:21 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by secretchord View Post
That's a good idea.

Tonight I really want to sing. So I might go out to the bowling alley and sing some karaoke maybe by myself because I apparently have no sober friends.

Tomorrow is Halloween. I will carve the pumpkin with my son, clean the house, do laundry, read, and then take him trick or treating. After that I'll probably hang out in the chatroom here.

Sunday is going to be a killer. I plan on going to church. I haven't been there in awhile and I'm sure it would probably do me some good. Then maybe go shopping for a new purse. Then come here.

I have alcohol in the house. I have a nice stock of liquor (which I don't usually drink) and about 4-5 bottles of cab, pinot gri, Riesling, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
I would recommend dumping it out or giving it to someone. The temptation will be strong.
Old 10-31-2015, 07:32 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

I drank cranberry juice and diet Sprite in a wine glass. Lol
Old 10-31-2015, 07:33 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by thomas11 View Post
I would recommend dumping it out or giving it to someone. The temptation will be strong.
I gave them all away last night. I opened the bottle of patron before I boxed it up and oh boy that smelled good. And I don't even drink much tequila. I'm a wino but for some reason it was hard to part with the patron
Old 10-31-2015, 07:34 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Well done, secretchord. Both giving it away and proving that you can sing sober...

The thing with friends is that we either surround ourselves with heavy drinkers just like us - or we don't. Heavy drinkers are not going to be on board with you. They just aren't. You may find that your "friends" were really just drinking buddies. It's a hard truth. The other thing is that most people don't drink to oblivion. I know I drank for the buzz, the high. Most people (like 90% - it's a thing) will have one or two drinks the whole night. I know! I didn't believe it either.
Old 10-31-2015, 11:58 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

I gave them all away last night. I opened the bottle of patron before I boxed it up and oh boy that smelled good. And I don't even drink much tequila. I'm a wino but for some reason it was hard to part with the patron
Great job.
Old 10-31-2015, 12:08 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

I cleaned out my house of alcohol before I left last night. That was harder than I thought it would be. But it's all gone.
Glad you decided to get ride of the booze. Sounds like you had a great time last night too. Doing positive sober activities definitely helps with making life fun without alcohol. I think you're on to somethig great, keep up the good work and dont let the bumps in the road make you turn around because there is smooth pavement ahead!
Old 10-31-2015, 12:47 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Wow you did a great job. Getting the alcohol out of the house was key for me and I was a MAJOR wino. I'm on day 25 and can tell you that I feel a lot better now than I did at day 5!

Keep up the good work and just go one day at a time. It really is way too overwhelming to think about not drinking forever.
Old 10-31-2015, 03:03 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Do your best

You done Amazing SC