Notices

new

Old 11-22-2015, 07:46 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Day 30😁 while I'm excited to be where I'm at,for me this is where the real work starts,not my first rodeo and I know what to expect, things will get hairy for me,I get PAWS and it scares me but Ihhave to learn how to cope with it and know its just my brain healing in jumps,reading Rational Recovery is a huge help this go around, common sense goes a long way😊
Old 11-22-2015, 09:12 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Congrats, Winslow!!! 30 days is amazing!!!
Old 11-22-2015, 09:27 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Way to go Winslow!!! That is great!!
Yeah, that PAWS stuff is for real : ( it sounds like you have a good handle on how to deal with it though. You can do it!
Old 11-22-2015, 09:56 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
The hoop you have to jump through is a lot wider than you think!

Definitely stay away from things that trigger you're drinking. Don't drive by old stores don't call your drunk buddy friends and continue to ask questions. The way I stayed sober in the beginning was I thought through the drink. What that means is that instead of thinking about how much fun and laughing I had when I ordered the first one I thought of The Hazens stumbling after the eighth or ninth one I thought about waking up and looking at my credit card bill online and seeing how much I spent and then I couldn't afford groceries. I thought about forgetting to do the important things that kept me employed. Thought aboutI thought about how sick I was physically. There are things that you're not gonna be able to avoid. When you drive by those stores instead of thinking about how much you want think about how much you loose. Think about who you could recommend to if you're drunk go to extremes. I mean I drank and drove I could've killed somebody. You can scare yourself into sobriety just by thinking of what could happen. Take the tools you have and use them for your own good. Don't be afraid of people be afraid of drinking.
Old 11-22-2015, 12:39 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I know that a lot of my drinking is mood related,while I'm pretty happy most of the time there's those anxious, depressed down days where I feel nuts and would rather be drunk than feel like that,my hurdle will be to just get through those yuck days.
Old 11-22-2015, 01:12 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations Winslow

D
Old 11-22-2015, 01:50 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Congratulations Winslow on 30 days! That's awesome!
Old 11-22-2015, 01:52 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Winslow View Post
I know that a lot of my drinking is mood related,while I'm pretty happy most of the time there's those anxious, depressed down days where I feel nuts and would rather be drunk than feel like that,my hurdle will be to just get through those yuck days.
Yep, sounds familiar!! Congratulations on 30 days!
Old 12-22-2015, 03:54 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

60 days😁 while this is a truly short time sober,its a milestone for me,I made it to 58 days this spring and let an anxious mood get to me,stupid, I had that same anxious mood all weekend but I powered through and guess what? I feel great today,I wouldn't feel great if I'd succumbed to the beasts call,Saturday night was hard! We went to dinner and hubs was in a yuck mood so it was irritating, and he had beer breath already, I thought of margaritas, I hate margaritas! Then the kids started talking about a drunk Christmas I had years ago laughing at my antics,for some reason those stories trigger me instead of repulsing me,then little g-son got a root beer and the bottle looked like a real beer,by the time we left it took everything in me not to ask to stop at the gas station and get beers and get plowed!! Thank God I didn't, I'm proud of myself and can't wait to see how I feel at 90 days+ I've always read it gets better,I'm pretty sure it does😊
Old 12-22-2015, 03:56 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

It does keep getting better and better, Winslow - so much better.

Great job on 60 days.
Old 12-22-2015, 04:01 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
JD
You're not shackled to not drinking, you're free from drinking

60 days is great Winslow. Keep up the great work and talking back to that AV!
Old 12-22-2015, 04:38 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations Winslow!

D
Old 01-31-2016, 07:15 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

100 days😊 I know RR says not to count but I had to get to this milestone, it was just something I had to prove to myself,soooo many relapses over the past few years I didn't know if I'd ever get here,so many times I was afraid I'd have to go to medical detox after 7-10 day benders,I'd get 30 days 45 days here and there,one 58 days and then drink ALOT,even had to switch from bud light to bud ice(homeless.people beer) just to get a buzz,all day everyday,coffee and beer while brushing my teeth,throwing up,drinking more,drinking at work from a diet Pepsi decoy can,or a hissing travel coffee mug,those were horrible days,anyone just starting out and feeling unsure,just know you can do this,it may take some time and practice but resolve will come eventually when you realize you just can't poison yourself anymore and even more surprising is you won't WANT to anymore, I'm still very early in sobriety and there's still a lot of work for me but today I'm happy😊
Old 01-31-2016, 07:47 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
You can have reasons, or you can have results, but you can't have both.

LOL at the hissing travel coffee mug! So true!

Thanks for posting 100 days. These "early" milestones (which sound HUGE to me, at only 21 days) are so inspiring. From where I am, it's kinda hard to imagine years or decades. But when someone says "90 days," or "100 days," I think... this just might be doable!

So, tell us what your life is like now. How did you do it? Do tell!
Old 01-31-2016, 04:01 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

I had to hang on for dear life some days Soberinsyracuse! I had a lot of practice runs during 2015 so I knew.what my downfalls were gonna be,PMS,anxiety,bad days,anger,romantic thoughts of drinking,f-it I'll start over days etc,reading Rational Recovery was a game changer for me,he writes every excuse I've ever used to drink and here I thought my situation was mine alone,no EVERY addict uses these excuses! I had taken antabuse before, drank, been to AA,drank,been to an addiction counselor, drank more! I finally had to quit b.s'ing myself and stop,I started drinking lots of water everyday,I eat when I crave so there's no room for booze,if I'm feeling jittery I make a hot chocolate with real milk I don't know why but it kills cravings and soothes nerves,sometimes I go to bed early if I'm having a rough day,the next day is usually always better,I excuse myself from everyone and everything if the days really bad and just go to my room and watch TV,I try to walk every single day for at least 30 minutes today I walked for 70,I still think eating is the key though,changes your mindset,raises blood sugar,etc,I just want to keep it up and never go back to alcohol, congrats on your 21 days😊 that's another thing I did is break it into 10 day chunks,it goes faster😊
Old 01-31-2016, 04:17 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

Congrats on 100 days!
Old 01-31-2016, 04:27 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats aain Winslow.

I counted - it was tangible proof of my progress, and I needed all the positive reinforcement I could back then.

D
Old 02-21-2016, 09:46 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Day 121, 4 months woo-hoo,had a fight with hubs last night and man was I anxious, in the past I'd have zoooomed to the gas station and bought copious amounts of beer just to escape but I am not going to punish my body for his crabbiness,I'm just glad I got through, still have anxiety but it'll pass😊
Old 03-14-2016, 04:23 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Day 4,back from a 3-day bender that hit me outta nowhere, I forgot how hard day 4 is,the anxiety, fuzzy head,grrr nothing changes does it? Will journal here from now on,I need an outlet just for my thoughts
Old 03-14-2016, 04:24 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats bud