Notices

I am just a loser.

Old 11-15-2015, 01:47 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

7 days in to my programme and I finally get to use a computer (for 15 minutes) with people surrepticiously (no idea how that is spelt) lingering behind me! Just wanted to check in and say day 8 sober (managed to stay sober the night before I checked in!) ! Feeling amazing, walking, went on a group hike this morning, eating well, lots of support and advice and being well looked after. Waking up with a clear head. Watched a few interesting documentaries in the TV room this week and managed to actually enjoy them till the end without slumping into a boozy stupor half way through.
One of the things I am noticing is how even the basic things in life are starting to be pleasurable. Like taking a shower. I used to stumble in to the shower in the morning with my head throbbing and the water was irritating. These past for days I have woken up and enjoyed the shower.. finding it soothing. The other thing that is so simple is I have been waking up and happy to get up and not hit the snooze button 10 times whilst trying to get my act together. I know these are early days and it is the honeymoon period but I can do this. This is the first time I have arrived at a day 8, and the cravings are really less and less. I'll keep in touch. Hope you are all well.
PS I live in France. Light a candle for us tomorrow. The official day of mourning for the senseless loss of so many beautiful young lives.
Old 11-15-2015, 01:49 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
JD
You're not shackled to not drinking, you're free from drinking

Great to hear you're doing well. We'll be praying for all those who lost their life and were injured in France. Take care.
Old 11-15-2015, 02:11 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad to hear you're ok

D
Old 11-15-2015, 11:47 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Thank you for checking in, I'm so glad to hear that it is going well.