Notices

Day 3: Denial

Old 10-28-2015, 07:04 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by secretchord View Post
I'm having a lot of anxiety since I decided to quit. It's interesting that my anxiety seems worse now than before.
There are many healthy ways to reduce anxiety; however, you have to implement them into your lifestyle, so it does take some work and determination. But the rewards are well worth it IMO.
Old 10-28-2015, 07:14 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Venecia View Post
Oh, and I'm a Wisconsin native. Best cheese factory in the world is three miles outside my hometown.

Fat-free cheese just makes me want the real deal. Fortunately, I can moderate when it comes to cheese.
No moderating cheese for me. Lol
Old 10-29-2015, 12:57 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Do your best

Have a nice day SecretChord
Old 10-29-2015, 05:21 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by secretchord View Post
I'm going to be honest. I kind of want to walk away from this all and I'm beginning to regret coming here. I feel silly because I don't think I have a problem. I don't drink every day. And when I do drink I don't drink nearly as much as some people. I've had a couple bad incidences but nothing normal drinkers don't experience. I just need a new hobby.
heres a lil something that happened when i wanted to get sober:
i went to aa. i was very fortunate the meetings i went to had clients from detox attending so it was quite a few what we used to be like, what happened, and what we're like now meetings. listening to the stories of those that had been sober for some time i was a wee bit apprehensive of talking about my drinking. i was hearing some extreme alcohol consumption mixed in with all kinds of other drugs and people that lived under bridges, spent time in mental hospitals, turned to prostitution for the money, had their loved ones walk away, businesses and careers destroyed........ all kinds of experiences much worse than mine and amounts of alcohol consumed much greater than me.
then something happened and i started hearing the mental and emotional state of those people. i heard the insecurities, fear, selfishness, self pity,anger,dishonesty.........
i heard me in those people.
i just had to listen differently.