Notices

Day 18- more strange observations

Old 10-28-2015, 07:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 18- more strange observations

- when I was drinking, I never used an alarm clock and I never overslept. In the last 18 days, I have overslept 3 times (only by a few minutes)- time to set an alarm. But obviously I am getting better sleep.
- I've been getting a lot more done- even leasurly things like reading.
- I am able to more proactively plan and prioritize the upcoming day rather than having to concentrate on feeling bad.
- no guilty conscious about anything (no sipping liquor in the garage).
- life and work is more manageable- more productive.
- it is amazing that alcohol gets out of your system in a few hours, but your body spends what has so far been weeks readjusting to not having it.
I feel 100% better.
Old 10-28-2015, 07:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Amazing what we can do when we stop pouring poison down our throats every day, eh? Congrats on your progress!
Old 10-28-2015, 07:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good to hear

I can't wait to feel like that I am on day one again! But this time I'm sticking to it, I'm so sick of feeling rubbish all the time
Old 10-28-2015, 07:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

None of these seem particularly strange to me.

Congratulations on your sobriety!!
Old 10-28-2015, 07:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Great job Kids. Like Scott said, the changes are amazing the more time you are sober. My big obstacle when things started to get better was not getting complacent. As your body adjusts to sober living, make sure you don't forget the past and why you have made this change. Your AV will take advantage of you feeling better to convince you to return to your old habits.

You're doing great, awesome job!
Old 10-28-2015, 07:45 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Jennifer- you can do it. It isn't without challenges. But if I could bottle up the way I feel in the mornings without a hangover and sell it to alcoholics, I would be a wealthy man.
Here is something to consider, the first few days, I was painfully counting the hours since my last drink. Today, I had to get the calendar out to count the 18 days off to be sure I had it right.
Old 10-28-2015, 07:59 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Me too with the sleep! Haven't set my alarm in years and now I have too. I forgot to set it last night (had to get up at 5am this morning), woke at 345a. Usually (when I was drinking) I'd just lay awake in misery till 5am, then get going at 5am. My first thought was just to lay in bed until 5am. But now, I knew there was a chance I'd fall back asleep and actually had to find my phone (use that as my alarm), set it, and sure enough.....I fell back asleep.

This is a HUGE blessing of "soberness" for me. Sleep was an issue for me for so many years. It took me forever to put the two together. Sleep wasn't my problem, drinking was. I really can sleep normally when I stopped the madness of poisoning myself with alcohol. This is true of most of the negatives issues of my life. They were caused by drinking.

I still get a little giddy when I wake up on my own and it's already daylight out!
Old 10-28-2015, 08:07 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Do your best

Way to go Kids
Old 10-28-2015, 03:22 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Great job on Day 18!! Keep it going!!
Old 10-28-2015, 03:29 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

This may sound strange but one day I realized colors were more intense. Alcohol screws with our minds and body more than we ever realized