Notices

I slammed vodka for breakfast....

Old 10-28-2015, 06:28 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Good post FO. Unfortunately, I too can relate the morning drinking patterns.

It is truly amazing how progressive and deceptive this disease is.
Old 10-28-2015, 08:55 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Very, very relatable. Thank you for sharing!!
Old 10-28-2015, 10:52 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Gross! I can relate all too well. Wake up sick as a dog, hungover, wanting to die because of the amounts I drank the night before- but what better way to get it all going again by drinking as soon as you wake up. Cures the hangover, you dont want to die anymore, you are buzzed and feel great. That is until the next morning when its just the same or worse (depending on if I forced myself to drink water in between alcoholic drinks).

One of the first times I figured I had a problem, was sitting in front of the toilet, yacking, gagging, coughing, crying, and KNOWING I did this to myself. Why would anyone do that to themselves? Why? Because I had a problem. Why would you want to feel miserable the next day or even two or three, for one night of drinking most of which I couldnt remember or anything memorable happening. Well why because I had a problem.

Now I dont want to die anymore. I wake up feeling good about myself, and feeling good about what I did last night.
Old 10-28-2015, 01:21 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Wow, great description of how quickly the alcohol simple takes over a life. They say it's gradual, but in fact, it can happen just like that. One morning of vodka for breakfast eventually leads to two days of vodka for breakfast, which leads to everyday until you either die or quit. I'm glad we chose the latter.