Day one

Old 11-05-2015, 01:14 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats on day 15 Daniel
Old 11-05-2015, 05:56 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Way to go on two weeks Dan!

Hungry, tired and drinking on an empty stomach was classic for me and it took me a long time to see the obvious triggers of hunger and tiredness. Looks like you're tuned in much better than I was!

You may consider, if you haven't already, joining the November 2015 class. My own class of October 2014 has been a Godsend for me. You're certainly welcome to jump in with us there at any time.

Keep on keeping on Dan!....I always enjoy checking on your progress.
Old 11-05-2015, 02:25 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

How is Day 15 going, daniel?
Old 11-05-2015, 04:31 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Day 15

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
How is Day 15 going, daniel?
Day 15 is going very well. Instead of going home alone and drinking, went out to a nice dinner with the family, took my daughter to her swimming class, actually there right now. Had a few thoughts of drinking on my way home even though I had a strong plan in place. Thursday's are actually my hardest day, it was the day I would have some time alone to get drunk. I like what I did tonight much better.

I took some b vitamin supplements today, gave me a bit more energy, still a little achy though. I'm going to the gym in the morning come Hell or high water, that piece is going to be instrumental in my recovery plan.
Old 11-05-2015, 04:34 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Swimming is such a great life sport. Does your daughter enjoy it, daniel?

Good job on shutting down the drinking thoughts.
Old 11-05-2015, 05:01 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mark1014 View Post
Way to go on two weeks Dan!

Hungry, tired and drinking on an empty stomach was classic for me and it took me a long time to see the obvious triggers of hunger and tiredness. Looks like you're tuned in much better than I was!

You may consider, if you haven't already, joining the November 2015 class. My own class of October 2014 has been a Godsend for me. You're certainly welcome to jump in with us there at any time.

Keep on keeping on Dan!....I always enjoy checking on your progress.
I will definitely check out the classes Mark, thanks for the tip!
Old 11-05-2015, 05:09 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Swimming is such a great life sport. Does your daughter enjoy it, daniel?

Good job on shutting down the drinking thoughts.
Thanks Sober Leigh. Yes, she enjoys it very much, she just swam laps for an hour straight, getting tired watching her.
Old 11-05-2015, 05:18 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Good for her!!!!! That's quite a workout.
Old 11-06-2015, 12:02 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good job Daniel
Old 11-06-2015, 04:52 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

How was Day 16, Daniel?

Have a great weekend.
Old 11-06-2015, 08:36 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

How was Day 16, Daniel?

Have a great weekend.
A pretty good day, thanks for asking.

I went to the Gym this morning as I promised myself I would, despite being exhausted and achy this morning. So glad I did as I felt better all day because of it, mentally and physically. I didn't do a ton, but as I said before, just important to get in the door and start building some positive routines.

Had a very busy day at work, starting to feel like the holidays already. I realized its going to be very challenging for me this holiday season. You've never seen anything like my restaurant during the holidays, high pressure, high stress, insane amounts of people and they all expect perfection; not to mention the staff are a bunch of lunatics, I love them, but they are. It's kind of like being the Captain of a pirate ship except I can't kill anyone because it's corporate. Just kidding, kinda.

I'm going to make it through though, one day at a time. That's what is going to get me through this, one day at a time.

I felt irritable tonight at work, not as irritable as when I was drinking, but irritable. Just the staff driving me a little nuts tonight I guess. I took my credit cards with me tonight, no issues, no temptation. Home safe and sound with my San Pellegrino night cap.

I'm going to start going to the gym after work as part of my plan, it will be my decompress time. Plus a little time in the steam room and hot tub post workout won't hurt either.

Goodnight. Have a good weekend!
Old 11-06-2015, 08:40 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Great update, daniel. I'm glad that you had a good day.

Hope that you have a great weekend, too.

Onward to Day 17, my friend.
Old 11-06-2015, 08:57 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

I just read your thread Dan and I'm so excited for you. I read your first post and was about to reply... then I realised that was days ago... then I read the last page and I felt so proud of how well you're doing. I hope to follow in your brave footsteps! Stay with it!
Old 11-06-2015, 08:59 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Zeekie View Post
I just read your thread Dan and I'm so excited for you. I read your first post and was about to reply... then I realised that was days ago... then I read the last page and I felt so proud of how well you're doing. I hope to follow in your brave footsteps! Stay with it!
Thank you Zeekie! If I can do it, you can do it!
Old 11-06-2015, 11:28 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Hi and welcome! The first three weeks I always found to be the hardest, but twelve months on and I don't miss it! I too was a functioning alcoholic but got so close to loosing it all! You can do this ! We will help!
Old 11-07-2015, 04:21 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Way to go Dan. I've heard the restaurant biz can be brutal. My son works part time in a higher end place as a server. Some of the stories he tells! Ridiculous behavior of some patrons.

Good plan on the gym. I love it and I also enjoy a good steam every now and then. Speaking of, one more cup of coffee then gym time for me.

Hope your day is a good one!
Old 11-07-2015, 05:25 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mark1014 View Post
Way to go Dan. I've heard the restaurant biz can be brutal. My son works part time in a higher end place as a server. Some of the stories he tells! Ridiculous behavior of some patrons.

Good plan on the gym. I love it and I also enjoy a good steam every now and then. Speaking of, one more cup of coffee then gym time for me.

Hope your day is a good one!
Yes Mark, it has it's tough times and rough people.

Good to here you hit the gym! Hope you had a good day!
Old 11-07-2015, 08:52 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Congratulations on day 17, Daniel.

Onward to day 18, my friend.
Old 11-08-2015, 07:46 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Had a really great day 18 today.

Took my son out today just the two of us, lunch, spent some time outside, spent most of the day being silly and laughing a lot. Nice to enjoy quality time without being hungover or counting down until I can drink.

We had a productive day as well, loaded up on and racked firewood for the season, cleaned out the garage, filled a whole dumpster bag with scrap wood that I've been meaning to get rid of, fired up the snowblower, had a fire, made dinner, read books to my kids, kissed them goodnight, and the best part is...I will remember all of it in the morning and feel good about it.

I feel good these days, I don't ever want to go back to the place where I was 18 days ago. I can see so clearly now that I have my head out of the clouds. I can see what I've been missing now that I'm finally breaking these chains. Please give me the strength to stay on this path, it's infinitely better over here.
Old 11-08-2015, 07:50 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Administrator

sounds like you're doing great Daniel - have some faith in your ability to keep doing this - keep making healthy decisions and you'll be fine

D