Notices

Get support here! Weekender October 23 until...

Old 10-22-2015, 07:31 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Do your best

I'm in & riding the roof thanks Ken
Old 10-22-2015, 07:53 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Joining in too xo
Old 10-22-2015, 07:55 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by MLD51 View Post
I had all sorts of gastric issues while I was drinking. I was even diagnosed with IBS. It's completely gone now. No doctor ever suggested I try quitting alcohol.
+1

The other one that I wasn't expecting was that I was on 40 mg of Simvastatin and 160 mg of Fenofibrate daily to keep my cholesterol at about 310. Now it's at 208 UNtreated.

And I eat bacon all the damn time.

Doctors look genuinely perplexed when they review my medical history and ask how I got off the meds and I tell them the only change I made was that I quit drinking.
Old 10-22-2015, 08:03 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

I'm in for a sober weekend. My husband drinks so it is always in the house. I have asked him to please help me by not having it in the house. He will quit a few days or leave it in the garage but he always whines that I just need to have a stronger will. This has been going on for years and I always make my way back to drinking. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Old 10-22-2015, 08:05 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

I'm on!
Old 10-22-2015, 08:08 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Hi nowme. My husband still drinks but not at home for the most. It's hard but you can quit while your husband is still drinking. Take care of yourself. Get out of the house for a bit doing something you enjoy. Read or cook. Post here if you're feeling urges. I keep busy doing a lot of stuff to keep myself distracted.
Old 10-22-2015, 08:10 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

I just wanted to add that I have been able to go 6 months without drinking with beer in the house. Why can't I make it longer? I tell myself it is not an option, I practice meditation and yoga. I do really well and then boom! I just start drinking again and before long I'm drinking 6 beers a day.
Old 10-22-2015, 08:19 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

In like Flynn for the Weekend... Or, in like Brynn, I suppose...

Raining pretty steady here right now in Moab, but it's been intermittent thus far. I've managed to be where the Rain isn't, so no large deal. Radar Maps show it clearing out in a bit, and Sun/nice Temps on through Monday. This means I can head out to a Boondocking-type of Campsite with 2 charged Trailer Batteries, and lotsa Water in storage.

'Taste is overrated', as one of my many 'adapted' Sayings goes. So, me & Da Pooch made a Pit Stop at this Joint yesterday. My Olfactory and Auditory Senses indicated that - yes - they really do have a Camel there. AND, an Albino Raccoon. Or, some such Critter. Jeeps as Art. Read all about it. The tie-in to the Story further down is that there's plenty of natural Caves worn away in the massive Sandstone Formations 'round here to develop. So much Dynamite. So much Time...

- Hole In The Rock -

On the way out to Canyonlands - the spot of the Pic I posted in the last W'ender's Thread - I saw this interesting Sight way off in the distance in front of his massive Rock. A Poly version of 'Ayers Rock' down in Oz; another massive Stone Formation.

A local Campground Host told me he'd run into a 14 year old Girl at the Store. She said then it was ~20 Families, and ~140 Persons. From a distance, I thought it was a cluster of RVers Boondocking; the way some of us do it out here. An impressive Array of Solar Panels caught my Eye, and suggested something else. After driving a few Miles on an excellent Gumment/County Road, I did a U-Turn after quick Recon through my Binocs. I headed back to Asphalt. Hard to digest that one Marriage isn't daunting enough, eh?

- Polygamists In The Rock ~ The Atlantic Magazine -

Staying amused by listening to local Public Radio. Good Folks. Click on 'Listen Live' to hear some sincere, non-Corporate Programming.

- KZMU ~ Moab Public Radio -

I think my proprietary 'PC Wireless Modem In Front Of a Wok' Antenna will keep me on line from the Boonies starting later today, but time will tell.

Old 10-22-2015, 08:47 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

I would like a sister-wife.

Great post, Mesa. I love eccentric stuff like that house in the rock.
Old 10-22-2015, 08:49 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nowme View Post
I just wanted to add that I have been able to go 6 months without drinking with beer in the house. Why can't I make it longer? I tell myself it is not an option, I practice meditation and yoga. I do really well and then boom! I just start drinking again and before long I'm drinking 6 beers a day.
Welcome to Weekenders, nowme.

Drinking has to be out - off the table, no matter what. It starts with accepting that it will never be different, there is no moderating for us. Then it's just backing up that conviction every day, and realizing life can be great or I can drink; I can't do both.

Keep hanging around this site, keep posting.
Old 10-22-2015, 09:03 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

I'm in. Rough weekend ahead. Thanks for the seat!
Old 10-22-2015, 09:26 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

well now...
had an impromptu meeting with the freezer... I was planning my day - like clean carpet and do more outside type of stuff, already had a load in the washer when I was thinking about what's for dinner, ah, chicken thighs I got on sale would make a nice casserole dish... open freezer door and

Brain's tip of the day: When you are outside working and want a cold drink and decide to put carbonated drinks in glass bottles on the top shelf of the freezer, DON'T FORGET ABOUT THEM!

Also, when you get a fine slice in the back of your finger from very sharp broken glass, I find that scotch tape works very well to seal it up.

I also decided to purge a few things... like year old frozen peppers and strawberries...

had my lunchfast and ready to start the things I wanted to do.

Mesa, after looking through the nocs, you decided to turn around... hmm
I wonder if it had anything to do with that little red haired girl. Only one red head in the bunch,,, hmmmmm just wondering...
Old 10-22-2015, 09:28 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Glad to be here with everyone!
Old 10-22-2015, 09:31 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

I'm in.
Old 10-22-2015, 09:37 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

So sorry Nons!!
Old 10-22-2015, 09:58 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Ouch Brain. That hurts. And what a mess.

Mesa, that's interesting stuff. Thank you for posting it. I don't think I could share a spouse. Cool housing though.

Almost lunch time. I'm starving.
Old 10-22-2015, 09:59 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Ouch LBRAIN!

Welcome to the weekenders thread Unitedguy, Meshelly, Snowdawg, DobieGirl, now me and NikTes

Sorry about your grandmother Nons but i'm glad she had a long and good life, that's something to smile about

Love the cave house Mesa - it dwarfs my little flat. Less keen on the polygamous types, ugh! That legal?

I am just about to leave for home. I have been busy today as lots of people are either off sick or walking round with the coughs and snivelling. Prompted me to get my flu jab lunchtime - turns out that now I have turned 55 and can easily afford to pay, I qualify for a free jab. All the years I was hard up I had to pay, how dumb is that?
Old 10-22-2015, 09:59 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
I'm in & riding the roof
I have this visual of a bus with a wolf on top, but he's sticking his head into the top of the bus through the open sun roof.
Old 10-22-2015, 10:58 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

I'm in and ready to roll!

I'm sorry for your loss, Nons, and I'm glad you got to feel her presence. That is beautiful.

Newbies, strap yourselves in and hang on tight. You'll be surprised at how much easier things are when you just stay on the bus and say what you can- even just say I'm here with nothing to say... You'll be surprised at how much better you feel and how much friendly support there is here. It's very soothing to our frayed nerves and zapped neurons, I've found. I hope you experience the same warm fuzzies here!

I am looking for an apartment, things aren't going well in relationship land.. There are pros and cons to this but the worst is I was really enjoying being a mother, and I saw this child thrive from me being around. My heart is wrenching and it pretty much sucks, to be honest. Not gonna drink over it, though.

xoxoxo
Old 10-22-2015, 11:04 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Oh Melina I'm so sorry. I know how much you enjoyed being a mom. My heart aches for you