Notices

Reasons to drink today Part 2

Old 08-09-2016, 06:32 AM
  # 201 (permalink)  

I really need to drink today so as can sneak out tonight totally pissed and hide my empty bottles in the neighbours hedges and I really want that wonderful dose of shame when I find them on my lawn the next day. I love being called the demented woman at number 20 time to live up to my reputation!!
Old 08-09-2016, 06:36 AM
  # 202 (permalink)  

Oh and I really miss going to the pub at the end of the road in my nightie... That really rocks!!!
Old 08-09-2016, 06:45 AM
  # 203 (permalink)  

I miss waking up with the feeling of impending doom.
Old 08-09-2016, 08:21 AM
  # 204 (permalink)  

Because I hate having healthy self-esteem and emotional resilience. Contentment and inner peace are just the worst.
Old 08-09-2016, 08:42 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  
U75
I look young for my age.

Originally Posted by Elle126 View Post
Oh and I really miss going to the pub at the end of the road in my nightie... That really rocks!!!
That cracked me up.

I've got to drink today, because I've started to deeply enjoy life again. Can't have that.

I've got to drink today, because since I've been sober I've discovered just how much love I have in my heart for my wife and kids. I'd rather just go back to numbly going through the motions of fatherhood.

I love seeing this thread pop up every once in a while.
Old 08-09-2016, 10:48 AM
  # 206 (permalink)  
The road goes on forever

I need to drink (and pop a Vicodin) ..
So I can nod out in a wooden chair.. (While playing guitar)
Wake up on the floor in middle of night..
With a broken chair leg and busted guitar !
Old 08-09-2016, 11:19 AM
  # 207 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

- so that I can go home with a random guy and hate myself the next day (what was your name again?)

- so that I can once again ignore and alienate members of my family

- because jail was great - no responsibilities and nothing to do but read and watch TV all day in a room with no windows I can see out of and no fresh air for two weeks

- so that I can go back to wondering if everyone would be better off without me in their lives.
Old 08-09-2016, 11:50 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  

Love this thread! What a great reminder, 10 days into sobriety, why I am fighting like never before to stay this way!

If I drank today it would be because waking up to empty bottles being thrown on the bed next to my passed out self by my husband with nothing but pure hurt etched in his face is SO freaking awesome to wake up to!

Also, because I LOVE not being trusted!! Such a great feeling to know that you have earned every ounce of distrust people have for you right now!

But I won't drink today, or any other day, because I am finally feeling more like "me" than I have in several years. I kinda like the real me
Old 08-09-2016, 12:13 PM
  # 209 (permalink)  

I miss the excitement of waking up to 'the fear'. Knowing you've blacked out and subconsciously know you've done something monumentally stupid but can't remember a damn thing about it. Only finding out about it later when someone else tells you did and you've now lost a good friend/self respect/reputation. Ahh good times.
Old 08-09-2016, 12:16 PM
  # 210 (permalink)  

Reasons for is so I can forget about what's really going on in my life
that's right a 750ml of Vodka mixed with red bull would
make me feel confident and self assured only to wake up
Afterwards and feel like crap!! Then I'd look forward to
waiting to the liquor stores open so I can feel great again
Yeah that sounds great right about now!!!!!
Old 08-09-2016, 12:26 PM
  # 211 (permalink)  
U75
I look young for my age.

I need to drink today, because it's been a while since my wife has confronted me about a fight we had the night before, that I have no recollection of whatsoever.
Old 08-09-2016, 01:25 PM
  # 212 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I don't like paying my bills on time and in full. If I start drinking again, I won't have money to pay my bills.
Old 08-09-2016, 02:15 PM
  # 213 (permalink)  

- I miss drunk waking up after after sixteen hours of sleep,
only to feel like I slept half an hour, then and frantically checking
my bank account statement to see what I purchased on my bender like some kind of hangover detective.
- I miss having to work at six o'clock PM and waking up at eight thirty PM.
-Also having to double check that is didn't lose my phone keys or
wallet again in an alley somewhere again. Then try to work my way through what happened last night. Did I flash any strangers?
-I'm also sick of remembering conversations I've had with people.
-I miss exploding a bags of potato chips in the hallway because I'm hungry and
I can't figure out how to use the key to get into my apartment, or how bags work. And now I'm eating them off the floor
-I miss falling asleep fully clothed with my shoes on, saves so much time the next day.
- It's exhausting remembering whole weeks at a time, before I would just get the highlights.
- I miss having people add me on Facebook I don't remember ever meeting. Mystery friendships are exciting!
- Who's going to talk to all of my exes now?
- Most of all I miss being so wasted I have to point the beer and grunt at the gas station because I've tried to say coors light like tens times now and no one is hearing it.
Old 08-09-2016, 02:55 PM
  # 214 (permalink)  
Catch 22

I miss my intimate relationships with public bathrooms all over the world. Travelling is just not fun anymore.
Old 08-09-2016, 03:09 PM
  # 215 (permalink)  

I never post, I do read every day and have for years.

I'd like to add this: I'd really like to go to work with my wig on backwards again. I can't believe I've let it go this long.
Old 08-09-2016, 04:24 PM
  # 216 (permalink)  

I'd really love to waste this beautiful day and have a good binge. Nothing is as fulfilling or as exciting as slurring your words and fumbling for money when you go back to the liqour store for the third time in a day.
Old 08-09-2016, 05:33 PM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Id love to have another seizure.

Also miss that thing where you're finally asleep and stop breathing which jolts you awake so you never really do get to sleep because as soon as you doze off it does it again and sends you into a panic.

This thread makes me sad. Was very close to death.
Old 08-10-2016, 11:54 AM
  # 218 (permalink)  
Trudgin

I started this thread many months back when I was first getting sober - it helped me view things in a different perspective. What good reasons could I possibly have to drink today??

Well, those answers alluded me then as they do now.

I am grateful that on occasion this little thread pops back up..........It reminds me where I started and why I don't drink.

Reason to drink today...........
I miss the reflections of my despair, self pity and self loathing mirrored in my loved ones eyes..........only one drink away,
Old 08-12-2016, 09:08 AM
  # 219 (permalink)  

Have an easy one today...
To celebrate my last day working the worst job ever and starting a new job Monday with more money!

Feels great. All the suffering I went through to get here makes me appreciate this more than anything I can recall.

Drink this weekend to celebrate, then Monday to be "top of my game" and curb nervousness. Laugh off the alcohol breath from a "celebration dinner" the night before.

Drink Tuesday to keep rebound anxiety and tiredness at bay. Get questioned on breath again and say my friends took me out this time to celebrate how excited I am for this awesome opportunity.

After that, the questions stop. I think I'm cleared, and keep on drinking. Lose my job before 30days. Beg to go back to my old crappy job claiming the grass wasn't greener and that I'll never leave again.

Refresh resume, have the opportunity to explain a short stint at a new job and fine tune my super human lying capabilities.

Oh yeah...
No doubt.

I have the PERFECT reason to drink today!
Old 08-12-2016, 09:15 AM
  # 220 (permalink)  
U75
I look young for my age.

I should start drinking again today, because that supersized bottle of Tylenol in my medicine cabinet has sat untouched for over a month now. It might expire before I use them all, and I can't waste it!