Notices

Introducing myself

Old 10-21-2015, 10:10 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Oh Cholula, I hope I did not offend you! No judgements...
Old 10-21-2015, 10:10 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Well I'm a dude, and I drank white wine when I wanted to pretend like I was moderating. Sophisticated, cultured people drink wine, not slobbering drunks. I'd just pour myself a big glass of the Pinot Grigio, and then oops, is that bottle gone already? Vodka was consumed right out of the bottle for the sake of efficiency. No one can even smell vodka on your breath, right? I found out how much of a fallacy that is pretty quickly. I can't even remember the last time I even made myself a vodka cocktail with a lime in it or something.
Old 10-21-2015, 10:14 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by finished10105 View Post
Oh Cholula, I hope I did not offend you! No judgements...
No no not at all. It was just one of the things I my self felt funny about. As if any alcohol is gender specific. But as others have said I went the wine rout cus' it made me feel like less of a drinker rather then vodka out of the bottle. That's a "real mans drink". Boo.
Old 10-21-2015, 02:19 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome finished10105

I used to wonder if I'd ever overcome this too, but I did

Never stop trying...keep adding things to your recovery toolbox - keep looking for more support and use it (coming here is a good start) and think about all the changes you need to make in your life to stay sober...

It's daunting, but very much achievable

If you never want to drink again - you don't have to.

D
Old 10-21-2015, 02:34 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Finished, welcome and always know you can do this. You aren't alone. There are plenty of us here that didn't think sobriety was possible; me included. Until I found SR, I had absolutely no idea that my story of drinking nearly 24/7 was not unique. I had no idea that life without alcohol was completely possible after 21 or so years of heavy, daily drinking.

A better life is totally possible. You've got to dig deep and focus on this goal with all of your energy.

Trust me, it's worth everything you will put into being sober.

Glad you found us.
Old 10-21-2015, 03:04 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hey welcome finshed.......i signed up here 4 years ago & logged on just a handful of times. After being caught out this past wkend, i came totally clean about how much & what I was drinking. I too am a mum & if i don't sort myself out ill lose everything. I wasn't drinking daily but a few times a wk, but i would drink 2 bottles of wine (hide 1) everyone on here seems very supportive & ive read some great stories of recovery, wishing u all the luck....we can do this!
Old 10-21-2015, 03:16 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hey finished, and welcome! You can do this! Stay close to SR, it's a life saver.

I'm 111 days, catch up
Old 10-21-2015, 03:49 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

It's great to meet you, finished. You sound fed up and determined. We know you can do it.
Old 10-21-2015, 04:03 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Hi Finished.. Welcome to this good place. This place has helped me stay booze free for 17 days today. I log on sevral times a day and post whenever I can. It hells me stay connected with other people who are going through same issues.
I know your husband seems to have had enough but if you are seriously going to go sober I would ask him to support you during this time. You have enough to deal with in the coming weeks without having angst and tense atmosphere at home..
I too was a wino, drank 2 bottles easy a night and much more on the weekends.. Statted at dawn and last drink late night with a few sleeps in between.. I was also given an " ultimatum" by my partner. This time I actually listened to him and really put myself in his shoes to see what the reality was for him.. It was horrible when I started to think about it. I gave him no life at all.. We did not do anything as I ws always drunk. My best friend was the bottle and it was the epi centre of my life. So sad really. He said to me that I had a very sad life and was missing out on life.. I decided to get my s**t together 17 days ago and boy have I done the right decision. For me it was to replace my destructive behaviour with something new.. I have started walking and changed my diet.. I feel so much better today.. I hope I will be able to keep on this side of the tracks.. Its not easy at first but for me every day is an achievement and it gets easier.. I dont crave booze at all anymore and my withdrawals are totally gone. I drank for 30 years and was sober for 30 days once a year ago during this drinking life. I can not believe that I let alcohol control me for so long. I am in control now and I an determined to remain in control from niw on.. I am part of life now and it actually feels good.. Welcome again
Old 10-23-2015, 03:06 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Finished!!
Old 10-23-2015, 08:52 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Hey finished. I lost my long term relationship and custody of my son. It wasn't outrightly said it was because of my drinking, but it was. I was the breadwinner mother and whilst not highly functioning, I was traveling a lot and drinking a lot. I was devastated at the time but I drank even more once out of the family home.
Luckily I met my husband shortly after and moved country. Despite still drinking I had a great relationship with ex and son and cut a long story short, eventually gave up drinking 8 days ago. A first for me ( although I tried before, I was too miserable and weak to really be committed, and in denial of course too).
My best friend was on the same brink you face and now she is my inspiration. 2 years sober and she and her family are happier than ever. We can do it baby!!!!
Old 10-25-2015, 07:28 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, doing well hope all of you are too! My only concern are the sweats. I have been having horrible night sweats. I am normally not a sweaty person at all. Now I wake up covered in sweat. Does anyone know why this is happeneng, how long it will last and if there is anything I can do to help this change?
Old 10-25-2015, 08:13 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, doing well hope all of you are too! My only concern are the sweats. I have been having horrible night sweats. I am normally not a sweaty person at all. Now I wake up covered in sweat. Does anyone know why this is happeneng, how long it will last and if there is anything I can do to help this change?
I don't know abiut the withdrawal symptoms, there must b a sticky thread on it (look at the top few threads on each section) do u not want to c a dr for any medical support, im guessing it will pass & its the toxins???
Old 10-25-2015, 08:21 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

That's a common withdrawal symptom and will go away. Hang in there