SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Monday evening class (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/377706-monday-evening-class.html)

Jsbodhi 10-19-2015 04:12 PM

Monday evening class

Well it's monday evening again, my favourite 3 hour philosophy class is tonight; yet it's the worst night for wanting wine.
The weekends are easier than these damn monday evenings.
I liked drinking wine and thinking about the class.
But I'll just end up wasted and sending out some ridiculous texts or emails, and have a hangover from hell tomorrow.:headbange
It helps to have accountability when I get home, so here it is, creating accountability.
Thanks
Xx

Soberwolf 10-19-2015 04:18 PM

:hug:

Cholula 10-19-2015 04:19 PM

I won't be drinking tonight either. Let's do this together. Im a musician and love drinking wine while I write. But... My drinking got so bad I stopped writing or passing out while writing. The ideas stopped coming. So tonight will be the first night I will not drink in many years. We are creative people and don't need to imbibe to reach a state of thought process.

ast1 10-19-2015 04:23 PM

It always good to be accountable. Good choice.

Jsbodhi 10-19-2015 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by Cholula (Post 5606628)
I won't be drinking tonight either. Let's do this together. Im a musician and love drinking wine while I write. But... My drinking got so bad I stopped writing or passing out while writing. The ideas stopped coming. So tonight will be the first night I will not drink in many years. We are creative people and don't need to imbibe to reach a state of thought process.

That's what happened to me too, I used to drink to read and write, then I stopped reading and writing and just drank more.
Nothing accomplished.
Thanks for posting

Cholula 10-19-2015 04:29 PM

I don't know you but I will be thinking about you this evening. I'm no guru but I'll try and broadcast some good vibrations your way. Sounds funny cus I'm not a spiritual person normally. Maybe sober me is getting in touch with a deeper meaning!

Jsbodhi 10-19-2015 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by Cholula (Post 5606642)
I don't know you but I will be thinking about you this evening. I'm no guru but I'll try and broadcast some good vibrations your way. Sounds funny cus I'm not a spiritual person normally. Maybe sober me is getting in touch with a deeper meaning!

I appreciate that and I'll send some your way too!!
Thank you, I really appreciate it xoxo

Jsbodhi 10-19-2015 10:20 PM

I'm home!
Made it without incident :)
Xoxoxox

Soberwolf 10-20-2015 02:28 AM

Your amazing I hope you know that

Tooshabby 10-20-2015 02:52 AM

Fantastic, Jen!!

Dee74 10-20-2015 03:44 AM

Glad you're home and safe J :)

D