SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   90 Days (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/377693-90-days.html)

SoberInCLE 10-19-2015 01:28 PM

90 Days

Hey Everybody,

I hit 90 days today and I'm pretty happy about it!

So, a lot of good days have happened. I'm grateful for that. Mainly, I'm grateful for realizing that I needed to stop and having been able to do so, so far.

I gotta say though, I don't know if it is the GABA levels or what, but I have mood swings and anxiety, kind of an existential uneasiness. Not nearly as bad as before, but I hope these feelings continue to diminish.

What do people think? More normalcy in 6 months?

Anyone recall their difference between 3 months and 6?

My desire to drink has not disappeared.

Thanks!

P.S. - To anyone on their way to 90 days, I can tell you that I still feel better than I did at 60 and much better than I did at 30.

Anna 10-19-2015 01:39 PM

Congratulations on 90 days sober!

ScottFromWI 10-19-2015 02:14 PM

Woohoo, 3 months is fantastic! And yes, things do get better. Keep in mind that simply "not drinking" may not be a 100% cure for everything. Some of us ( most of us ) had some underlying issues that need attention of their own ( Depression, anxiety , etc ). While being sober will definitely help, don't assume that it will in itself solve all of your problems.

Dee74 10-19-2015 02:33 PM

Congratulations from me too SoberinCLE - great stuff! :)
Things got a lot better for me in that 3-6 months period - I started to see recovery as a viable and preferable long term lifestyle :)

D

PurpleKnight 10-19-2015 02:57 PM

90 Days is fantastic SoberInCLE!! :You_Rock_

Soberwolf 10-19-2015 03:18 PM

Congrats on 90 days, I remember having my real last craving at month 5 I think at 6 months I started to feel that bit safer in my sobriety but I was & am still working on it

Fwiw I think your post is amazing

Hevyn 10-19-2015 03:20 PM

Wonderful news, Sober. :) I agree with Dee - I had a huge improvement between 3 & 6 mos. The healing takes a while after all we've done to ourselves. You're doing great.

SoberInCLE 10-19-2015 03:31 PM

One thing is I have all this pretentious crap to work through. Like I held up this artistic sensitive side as a wall between life and my drinking. Ring a bell?

gonzo51511 10-19-2015 05:23 PM

Congrads on 90!! Im on 85 myself.. i hear ya on the mood swings.. i go to AA and everything my sponsor tells me but with little relief.. no urge to drink (praying takes care of that for me).. depression is my problem that is not seeming to let go easily.. ive spoke with a therapist as well. A drink for me isnt even an option so i guess i can be grateful for that, and that im alive.... keep it up!!

SoberInCLE 10-19-2015 05:47 PM

Thanks gonzo!! Keep at it!

sleepie 10-19-2015 06:55 PM

That's great SoberinCLE keep it up!

I am always anxious so it's hard to tell, I also just passed 90 days.

Hopefully it abates.

SoberInCLE 10-19-2015 07:34 PM

Sleepie, that is great!! Happy for you!

Yeah, I think part of it is just uncharted territory and that makes me a little nervous.

Soberween 10-19-2015 07:38 PM

90 days was a huge milestone for me. I felt like I really turned a corner in regards to cravings and not drinking becoming my new normal. I still had some mood swings, but I definitely feel that by six months they were dissipating significantly and my sugar cravings were all but gone. I almost think all the sugar I was consuming in early sobriety was causing the mood swings. So happy for you. You should be very proud of this accomplishment. Early sobriety is really tough and the worst of it is behind you.

Needachangenow 10-19-2015 07:48 PM

Congrats SoberInCLE!! That is amazing!

Delfin 10-19-2015 10:41 PM

Congrats on 90 days! Thanks for asking the questions. I was wondering about that too.

Delfin