Notices

Just over a month

Old 10-19-2015, 08:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just over a month

Hi all - just got past a month sober and I'm in a bad place emotionally. I have been so dedicated and all I want to do is watch football on Sunday with a big glass of wine. I know I cant do it, but I was really hoping that by this stage I would be more confident in my sobriety. I am starting to work out in the mornings with my friend before work and I always manage to keep busy at night. I love my husband and kids but I hate my job so much that I think about drinking when I am here. I'm usually not this negative, just having a bad day I guess. Maybe because winter is coming. I'm not a big lover of cold weather!
Old 10-19-2015, 09:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm not a fan of the upcoming winter weather either.

If your job is making you so unhappy, have you considered looking for something new? It might be something to think about.
Old 10-19-2015, 09:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I wish I could leave my job, but I really cant. I make good money here and they give me the flexibility I need for my kids schedules. I've been with the same company for almost 15 years - they are good to me , as far as flexibility with my kids and time off when needed. The part I hate is the stress. It wouldn't be a good move to leave for my family at this time. Believe me - I've thought about leaving a lot!
Old 10-19-2015, 09:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Have you thought about getting a SAD light remember you can lean on us 24-7 Kids

Awesome job on a month sober
Old 10-19-2015, 02:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

1 Month is fantastic!!
Old 10-19-2015, 03:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Give yourself a break BeBetter

If you're like me you drank for years - a month is awesome but it's probably going to take a little longer for those long term associations to break down.

The important thing is you felt the desire, but you stood strong

I hope your week gets better

D
Old 10-19-2015, 03:36 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I agree that it's still a period of adjustment for you. One month is wonderful, but it's still early. Things can and will improve. Keep posting BeBetter.
Old 10-20-2015, 05:35 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Today is a much better day - thank you everyone. I logged on last night, but just read all of the posts, which really helped. We ended up having a great night with the kids and I actually got up at 5:10 am and went and worked out with my friend. I remember some nights going to bed only a few hours before that - hammered. ugh - feeling fantastic today !
Old 10-20-2015, 05:58 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Glad you are feeling better! Sound to me like you actually have pretty great job with good pay and all of the flexibility that they offer. I would point out that ALL jobs involve stress....if it was just fun all the time they probably wouldn't pay you to be there, right?