Notices

Done

Old 10-18-2015, 04:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Done

I wanna die. What is the point after all these years. This website is useless. People don't give a **** about nobody but themselves. Selfish greedy bastards. That's why the world is so ****** up. Bunch of stupid idiots killing each other over money that we don't even take to the grave. WHAT A BUNCH OF MORONS. **** U ALL. PHONIES. ALL PHONIES. DONE OCCUPYING THIS CESSPOOL OF FAKE BITCHES
Old 10-18-2015, 04:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sorry you feel that way, Marylynn.

I hope you feel better soon.
Old 10-18-2015, 04:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi MaryLynn I'm not sure whats got you so upset - but I hope you'll read this link and take note of some of the crisis numbers to call.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ease-read.html

Of course you can always phone 911 if you are in imminent danger.

D
Old 10-18-2015, 05:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Marylynn,

The vast majority of people I have encountered on this website have been genuinely caring - if anything, it's restored some of my faith in humanity. I think if you keep reading and posting you will find the same thing. There's bound to be the odd 'anomaly', but there is a huge amount of love on this site among people. I hope you stay :-)
Old 10-18-2015, 05:22 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey Marylynn - in case you're still here or if you come back - and I hope you do- you kindof have a point about people but there's a deeper layer to everyone that you're blinded from right now because of where your head is. Do something for yourself now. Get crisis help. The right help will allow you to see things in a whole different way, and you deserve to have that.
Old 10-18-2015, 05:25 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I jumped on here a couple of weeks ago and have rambled on sharing thoughts and feelings in what is now eight days sober. Everyone has been absolutely great. A lot of folks struggling through the same stuff. I'm sorry if you've had a bad experience with someone. I know the world of recovery can be a roller coaster. I hope you stay, your experiences and struggles, the ups and downs are the glue that keeps us all together
Old 10-18-2015, 05:59 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

My general impression of the folks here is they have no guile.

The forum is well moderated.

I think Dee is a saint or an angel. Not sure which...
Old 10-18-2015, 06:01 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Marylynn, I'm sorry you're in so much pain. I guarantee that most of us here care very much about you. I hope you'll reconsider when you feel better.
Old 10-18-2015, 08:39 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Choosing Life

MaryLynn, we are here for you. Sounds like you're having a rough night. I can relate. Had a rough day myself and would love to lash out somewhere. You can do that here. We understand. I hope things get better for you. We are an understanding bunch here. More than you might think. We care.
Old 10-18-2015, 08:53 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Check in marylynn and let us know you're ok?

D
Old 10-19-2015, 01:11 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hey Marylynn!!

SR wants nothing more than for you beat this, many of us have been there and can understand what you're feeling.

The worst thing to do is to be alone during these times, at my lowest I needed people around me, something to keep me going.

You can do this, check in and let us know you're alright when you can!!
Old 10-19-2015, 11:56 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I'm ok

I'm having a very hard time. Everything just seems hopeless. I tried so hard and failed. My whole life has been a struggle with this disease/illness whatever u want or choose to call this horrible thing. I appreciate the support. I thought everyone was just gonna curse me out. I'm ok today. I'm not jumping for joy but I have calmed down. Thank u all so much for the kind words. I've had many bad experiences with people that I just feel everyone is evil. Thanks again for not telling me to go away
Old 10-19-2015, 12:03 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

Hugs, Marylynn, I hope you do feel better today.
Old 10-19-2015, 12:16 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Awwww! Welcome back xoxo
Old 10-19-2015, 12:31 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by Marylynn123456 View Post
I'm having a very hard time. Everything just seems hopeless....Thanks again for not telling me to go away
Many of us have been there. Early sobriety was an emotional roller coaster. I seemed to go from hyped up and PO'd to dismal several times a day.

Some of the people on this forum, people who had ridden that roller coaster before me, told me to just hang on. They said, "The ride doesn't last forever and there is something fantastic waiting at the end if you make it."

Man, were they ever right.

You can do this.
Old 10-19-2015, 12:32 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Glad to hear you're doing better Marilyn. I think many addicts share a common background of neglect, abuse and abandonment...not all but many. I have a terrible time trusting anyone. I didn't even trust my own child really until a few years ago. I never told her that, of course, but I see it now, looking back. I know that alcohol worsens my depression, anxiety, agoraphobia and paranoia. And when I'm drinking, I can't even trust myself! That's the worst and really makes me feel completely alone. When I stop drinking I start to trust myself so at minimum, I have ME. And no one can take ME away...except alcohol of course. But alcohol can't take me without me taking that first drink. Truly taking hold of me and rebuilding trust in me is the only way I can ever, maybe, trust another again. Hang in there. Btw, I appreciate your honesty!
Old 10-19-2015, 01:36 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Glad you didn't leave Marilyn. There's always hope. My mood and emotional swings were pretty wide in the beginning. Trust me, it gets easier with time.

Hang in there and vent when you need to vent.
Old 10-19-2015, 02:10 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hi Marilyn. ...stick with us here. I'm glad to hear that you are ok. I agree with you, it is a terrible affliction. ...but once you get the alcohol out of your life, you will enjoy life again. Most of uslhave been through the terrible times. Talk to us and start building up some sober days. Before you know it, you'll be through the hard part.
Old 10-19-2015, 02:40 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really glad you came back Marylynn

what do you think you can add to what you've already been doing to stay sober?

D
Old 10-19-2015, 02:51 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Glad you are having a better day! Hang in there things will get better!!