Notices

3 years To N.A Newcomer

Old 10-18-2015, 02:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

3 years To N.A Newcomer

Hi My Name Is Vanisha And I'm An Addict.

My Drug Of Choice Is That Vile B***h Crystal.

I have been clean 63 days. 30 of which I was incarcerated. I am unsure if those 30 days should count or not? To me, I have counted them because I see it just as easy to get/use drugs in jail as it is to be out. But that's just my opinion. What are yours? Would you count days in jail as clean time to? I am writing to open up. I have alot to say,share, and ask. But I will do so in future posts..
This post will just go over the past 63 days..

I was recently arrested for PPS Violation, which came with me getting a new charge. 30 days from P.O. 30 days from court. Running concurrent. This time was 100% different than the other numerous times incarcerated. I Got out Sep 15, 5 a.m. Was Put to my first test. I stayed strong while getting a ride from a unmotivational user. I have been to FOUR N.A meetings. WILLINGLY. And trying to find a sponsor. Trying to find meetings that captures me, draws me in. Since My Release, I have had close encounters with breaking down and using due to extreme stress at home. I've called my closest brother and calmed down by talking with him. I have times where i forget to breath. I'll forget what i'm doing/saying while in process. OLD HABITS DIE HARD RIGHT?!
I'm pushing myself to do (at least NOTES down) STEP ONE. And I have been looking ALL OVER Online for questions to ask myself, and things i should be focused on while doing it. ANYONE ABLE TO HELP OUT IN THIS AREA? I know they say to work on Steps with a sponsor, but i'm jus really wanting to get knowledge? not like a head start, but idk how to explain my reasoning.

But anyways. I left parts out because i felt i was rambling on.. But maybe somewhere out of ALL these THOUSANDS of forums, i can sit and type away what i really want to say.
Just a little biography, questions, and me releasing,
SO I GUESS TILL NEXT "THREAD"
THANKS EVERYONE..
Old 10-18-2015, 02:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hello and welcome. Congratulations on your 63 days, and yes, I would personally count the 30 you were in jail. Clean is clean. You fought through those 30 days and earned them. Great job on keeping going for another 33. Keep it up. That is fantastic that you have your brother to call in tough times. Keep going to the meetings, the larger your circle of support, the better.
Old 10-18-2015, 03:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Hi and welcome,

Great job on 63 days. Physically you are free. Never go back to the prison of addiction. Be proud and protective of your sobriety and freedom.

The mental process can wear us down now. Sounds like you are working a good plan. I do a lot of reading and posting here. Been to a few AA meetings, but 99% of my recovery has been spiritual, God, and SR.

162 days clean here. Alcohol was my drug. Your struggle is like mine. Fight the good fight.
Old 10-18-2015, 05:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome Vanisha
Old 10-18-2015, 09:41 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Vanisha!!
Old 10-18-2015, 10:43 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Vanisha,

Clean is clean - doesn't matter how you got them. Count your 30 incarcarated days! Everyone who has been to a residential rehab counts that time, jail isn't any different. Stand up for your 90 day tag in just a few more weeks!

Keep shopping the NA meetings - you will eventually find a group that clicks with you. Most suggest you go to a meeting at least 3 times before deciding to move on or join -- every meeting of every group is different but the character of the group eventually reveals itself; when you find one you like, stay.

Keep coming back,
Jim

I was going to suggest the NA Step Study sub-forum at SR as a place to visit, but I see you have already found it this afternoon.