Notices

Thinking about myself too

Old 10-17-2015, 11:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thinking about myself too

I have been totally concentrating on my daughter's issues with drugs and alcohol, I haven't been paying any attention to my same problems. I need to stop drinking too. I don't drink often, but when I do drink, I can't stop. I also have psychiatric issues and I almost always feel suicidal when I'm that drunk, I've even made attempts. I guess I am just looking for some help and support to stop this craziness. Maybe I will go to meetings too. Maybe I will bring my daughter if she will go.
Old 10-17-2015, 12:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

If alcohol is causing problems in your life, and it sure sounds like it is, then stopping drinking is the way to go. Good for you for making this decision. We're here to support you.
Old 10-17-2015, 01:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jfk45 View Post
I have been totally concentrating on my daughter's issues with drugs and alcohol, I haven't been paying any attention to my same problems. I need to stop drinking too. I don't drink often, but when I do drink, I can't stop. I also have psychiatric issues and I almost always feel suicidal when I'm that drunk, I've even made attempts. I guess I am just looking for some help and support to stop this craziness. Maybe I will go to meetings too. Maybe I will bring my daughter if she will go.
Maybe you and your daughter can go hand in hand and tackle the issues together. A close support system is very important. My wife rarely drinks, but she held my hand and supported me every step of th way. Without her, lord knows what condition I would be in.
Old 10-17-2015, 01:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Meetings is a good idea backed up by a solid plan will help
Old 10-18-2015, 12:13 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yes, you need to take care of yourself, too. It's great to swim out to save someone that's drowning but better still to throw them a life preserver with your feet on dry land.