SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Have you been drinking!? (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/377557-have-you-been-drinking.html)

MIRecovery 10-17-2015 05:08 AM

Have you been drinking!?

Recovery is never having to lie again. What a blessing

Mags1 10-17-2015 05:18 AM

I agree wholeheartedly, MIR, I don't have scheme and plan and lie anymore. I love it!

kamm 10-17-2015 05:20 AM

Wonderful post, MIR! I find myself having bursts of silliness and my husband says this (are you drunk) to me off handedly... its nice to say "nope, just bursting with joy!"

♡Kamm

sva777 10-17-2015 05:21 AM

No more hiding from my wife and family!

Soberwolf 10-17-2015 05:54 AM

Thanks Mir

FreeOwl 10-17-2015 09:13 AM

NOPE!!! I sure haven't!!!

:)

kinzoku 10-17-2015 09:38 AM

I recently had to be honest and upfront with someone and it was quite difficult. I think part of my learning to be sober is learning honest with myself and others.

Conquest 10-17-2015 09:41 AM

Feels great to be honestly silly, more outgoing, and full of joy naturally, soooo much better. Great post! :hug:

wehav2day 10-17-2015 11:10 AM

Honesty is a beautiful thing !

thomas11 10-17-2015 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by MIRecovery (Post 5603327)
Recovery is never having to lie again. What a blessing

Ran into my brother last week (we don't have a good relationship) and word got back to me by my parents that he said "it looked like he had been drinking heavily". Christ, just pissed me off. I hadn't had a drop, and since he doesn't take the time to know what is actually going on in my life he just assumed. I know the truth, and that is what matters.

Fly N Buy 10-17-2015 01:52 PM

In our 3D lives it's remarkable to meet others in recovery - there's a light coupled with an amazingly truthful eye contact that I've only witnessed in people like us!

Ya know!??!

MIRecovery 10-17-2015 03:06 PM

The

Originally Posted by thomas11 (Post 5603892)
Ran into my brother last week (we don't have a good relationship) and word got back to me by my parents that he said "it looked like he had been drinking heavily". Christ, just pissed me off. I hadn't had a drop, and since he doesn't take the time to know what is actually going on in my life he just assumed. I know the truth, and that is what matters.

I have found the miss trust of others is something we have earned over a long period of time and it will take a long time before they will believe in our permanent sobriety

sva777 10-17-2015 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by thomas11 (Post 5603892)

The same thing happened to me recently, it sucks but what can I do. I know I used to be a mess at times and I figure with enough time passing this should happen less as people get used to sober me.

dcg 10-17-2015 03:45 PM

I'm probably rare in that I never lied about my drinking. I don't really have anyone to answer to day-to-day, so I never felt any pressure to do that. Now, 2.5 months in, and I haven't told anyone that I've stopped drinking either. If asked during the holidays, which I'm sure I will since I won't be drinking, I'll just be honest again.