SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Finally i take control (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/377499-finally-i-take-control.html)

tizzkins 10-16-2015 04:00 AM

Finally i take control

Hi yes i know i have been back and forward with this group but the last time i was here i was drinking very heavily. A lot of people supported me but at the end of the day it was down to me. I am happy to announce that i am now 13 days sober and didnt want to come back to the group until i could prove to myself i could do this. My worry now is keeping moving forward and not falling off the wagon if anyone has any good ideas please let me know.

Nonsensical 10-16-2015 04:07 AM

Congrats on 13 days! :scoregood

Bird615 10-16-2015 04:21 AM

Welcome back, tizzkins!

doggonecarl 10-16-2015 04:28 AM

Originally Posted by tizzkins (Post 5602029)
My worry now is keeping moving forward and not falling off the wagon if anyone has any good ideas please let me know.

Embrace sobriety, even when it is discomforting or painful.

Reject drinking, even in the face of the pain and the promise of the release that alcohol can bring.

dakotaboyd 10-16-2015 04:36 AM

Good on you for getting back up. That's the hard part. Every time I had a relapse it was another lesson and pitfall to learn from. Not necessarily a failure, unless one, you don't learn anything from it and two, you don't have another go.
So by the looks of things you have not failed because you are back here and have some distance. Never stop trying. Good stuff mate.

InTheEnd 10-16-2015 04:44 AM

Congrats on 13 days. For me, if I even fantasize about a drink....all I have to do is think of the last 10 years before Aug 10th, and that shuts down any desire to pick it up. I was miserable, it was not fun and I don't miss it.

But mostly I'm here at least twice everyday (when I wake up, and before I go to sleep....sometimes more!) If I'm not posting....I'm reading. I keep myself busy and feel better than I have in many years.

As many have said here, you just have to accept it. Accept the fact that you can't drink, can't have "just one or two", you're not "cured" after a few days, weeks, months, or years and can now socially drink. That was the hardest thing when I tried to quit before, hence it never lasted. This time.....I accept it. Drinking is no longer an option on the table.

Everyone is different and may have different ways to get there, but we are all on the same path working towards a life without alcohol, reaching out to grab that silver lining of our sad, alcohol filled past lives. Hear what all have to say and and do for you what it takes.

Again, 13 days! YAY you! Keep up the good work!

Dee74 10-16-2015 04:49 AM

Really glad to hear from you Tizzkins - congratulations on 13 days :)

D

biminiblue 10-16-2015 05:21 AM

tizzkins! Nice to "see" you :)

13 days is fantastic. Keep it going. If you have struggles, come here and post.

PurpleKnight 10-16-2015 10:25 AM

Day 13 is fantastic Tizzkins!! Keep it going!! :scoregood

Soberwolf 10-16-2015 01:42 PM

Really great to see you posting bud congrats on day 13

Carver 10-16-2015 02:15 PM

Congrats on 13 days! Keep it going, and like doggonecarl said, embrace it. Reject alcohol.

SoberLeigh 10-16-2015 02:24 PM

Hi, tizzkins; welcome back; it's nice to see you.

As othersmhave said, embrace sobriety. Recognize the goodness in every sober day; the days and the goodness will build.

ast1 10-16-2015 03:31 PM

Awesome job!!!