Notices

I want to share this.

Old 10-16-2015, 11:08 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

That's a great turn up for the books Jeff, the saying every cloud has a silver lining comes to mind!!
Old 10-16-2015, 11:13 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I'm so happy to hear this. This is proof to you that you have to give yourself credit and not accept the negative thought of "second best" etc. that you have faced before.

I don't know you but I know you here and it makes me happy so hear this positive wave coming. Keep up your good work in sobriety. It will only make this better. So cool!!!!
Old 10-16-2015, 11:23 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Fantastic news, Jeff!!!!!!
Old 10-16-2015, 11:24 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Great news!
Old 10-16-2015, 11:29 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Best news I have had all day, enjoy!!
Old 10-16-2015, 04:23 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Glad to hear that. Like turning lemons into lemonade or closing one door and opening another. Cliches but true Congrats!!
Old 10-17-2015, 10:34 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I want to thank each and every one of you for your encouraging responses. It makes a guy feel good. I think many people don't necessarily like to "work". And I'm no different, I'd rather go fishing than work, BUT with that being said, once I drag my butt out of my nice warm bed with my wife still sleeping and my beloved golden laying on the floor next to me and get the coffee on and in the shower, I wake up, the blood starts flowing, and within a short period of time I like to get out in to that big world of ours and try and make a difference. I kinda like working is what I am saying. This morning was a prime example. I've got guys who are working for me on Saturdays until end of season. I got up, it was dark, it was cold (34F). But we got down to the shop, loaded up and by the time I had them on site, it was light out and I showed them today's job, and they started working away. Its just a good way to start the weekend in my opinion. Anyone else feel this way?
Old 10-18-2015, 12:11 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I feel ya. Sure, there are things I'd rather do than work but really I enjoy my job as a chef. Even when I do dishes. When I'm in the kitchen I really feel alive and present in my life. It's hard to explain but I am just completely "awake" in those moments. While I'm there I know exactly why I'm on this planet.