Notices

Quit Cold Turkey-Please help!

Old 10-14-2015, 06:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Quit Cold Turkey-Please help!

My doctor prescribed me on Klonopin 0.5 mg and I took them cause I suffer with PTSD and I suffer with anxiety attacks. I wish I knew what I was getting myself into, but I was completely wrong. At first I began taking them and everything was fine, they were making me feel really relaxed. However over a course of a month things started to get worse for me, I started getting a lot more anxiety attacks, my hand would shake if I ever smoked a cigarette. There's other things I noticed too, like how I would be forgetful and stupid and how I couldn't remember certain things and I usually have a good memory. This drug messed me up! Started to realize how dependent I was on them and it scared me so I stopped taking them on October 2nd and I first began taking them in September. Now I'm withdrawing from them and I'm in constant pain, I get headaches/ migraines, I even suffer with allergies really bad too, my eyes are constantly always itching and burning. I have to constantly medicate myself in order to get through the day. Now I have to watch what I eat too or my stomach will get upset and I have to rush to the nearest bathroom. Every morning I wake up feeling completely anxious, I feel it the minute I wake up and if I ever want to take a nap during the day I get too scared too cause I'm afraid I'll wake up feeling anxiety again. Hardly get any sleep, my eyes are really red right now and I just put eye drops in my eyes cause I've basically become an insomniac. Haven't thrown up or anything yet, but I'm scared that it'll happen somewhere down the line. I'm scared to death that I'll go to sleep and that I'll never wake up again.

I told my parents about my symptoms and they believe that it's all in my head. I'm so close to packing up my stuff and moving in with my boyfriend who I've only been with for a short amount of time cause he's the only one who's supporting me right now. My own doctor doesn't believe me and is trying to down play it and trying to say that maybe something else is wrong with me and that I should go to the hospital and get checked out but I know it's from the Klonopin. I've actually did research on this drug after I stopped taking it when I started feeling withdrawals from it and I discovered that I was feeling a lot of them. I'm so scared right now and afraid that I'm going to die in my bed one day from withdrawing from this and I was only on this medication for a month. I wish I never took this drug to begin with, I wish I would have researched it and saw how dangerous it was before I took it but I'm stupid and naive. Right now I really need help and support right now. Please someone talk to me or message me. I'm falling apart right now. I've posted this same thing on another Forum and I didn't get any responses from anyone.

*Someone on this Forum asked me to post in this section. They said I would get a lot of responses here.*
Old 10-14-2015, 06:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
JD
You're not shackled to not drinking, you're free from drinking

Sorry Blue, I don't know anything about klonopin. But there are probably others here who do and can chime in. Hang in there.
Old 10-14-2015, 07:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Do you have any left that you could taper with? I am sorry you aren't getting support. Will your Dr work with you to do a taper off them? I took them much longer but don't doubt what you are feeling is very real.
Old 10-15-2015, 12:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I don't know anything about klonopin, either. Hopefully someone will happen along with some better advice than I can give. Hang in there!
Old 10-15-2015, 12:27 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Professional zombie fighter

I don't know anything personally about Klonopin either, but I know benzos and benzo withdrawal can have a very wide range of effects.

I also know from experience that some doctors can be resistant to being told this about benzos.

Try getting a second opinion maybe. As in, get a new doctor to help you with this if your doctor who prescribed it won't take you seriously.
Old 10-15-2015, 01:08 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry you're suffering BlueWeepinfRose.

I think seeing your doctor is a pretty good idea - or if you feel they have no real working knowledge of benzoes and benzo withdrawal, try another Dr maybe?

There's a lot of support here too - you are not alone - welcome!

D
Old 10-15-2015, 01:46 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I am so sorry you are going through this. It sounds very real to me. If your doctor is not hearing you I would also suggest seeing another doctor. If all else fails and you are feeling very bad and worried got to the ER and demand to be admitted for evaluation. You have a right to be heard and receive medical care. Even if (and to be clear, I don't think it is) this is all in your head, you are still experiencing very real symptoms as a result. I once went to the hospital in an ambulance because I thought I was dying of a heart attack. It turns out is WAS all in my head and I was having a panic attack. But just because it wasn't a heart attack doesn't mean I didn't really experience the symptoms as panic attacks can mirror heart attacks. I insisted on being seen to rule out anything serious and the medical professionals I dealt with were helpful, kind and absolutely willing to assist me. Don't let people tell you not to worry and to ignore it. Times like these you have to be strong and advocate for yourself. Find another doctor or get to the hospital today. You don't have to deal with this, but the only way out is stepping up and doing something proactive.
Again, I am so sorry you are feeling this way.
Old 10-15-2015, 02:57 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Blue I agree. Look for another Dr. Second opinion could help. I do remember being told you have to quit those slowly. Sorry I didn't think of it last night.
Hope you things start to get better.