Notices

"Going to the Dogs" (Kick in the Teeth!)

Old 10-14-2015, 10:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

"Going to the Dogs" (Kick in the Teeth!)

They sometimes say that when a person starts to deteriorate, he's "going to the dogs!" Not true at all. Sometimes the best way to improve your life and yourself is to "go to the dogs". The dogs know more than we do. They seem to care more, know more what helps a person when he or she is down in the dumps. Sometimes there is more wisdom there in a dog's eyes than in many a person. So "going to the dogs" is the best thing that can happen. Horses are good at this too but with them you have to be careful because sometimes they kick you in the butt. Reminds me of the first boss I ever had. He'd come in every morning, glance around the shop and say, "What you guys need is a good kick in the teeth!" Then he'd go into his office and stay there for the rest of the day. They loved him for that! They loved that man! Best boss we ever had. And what's more we knew he really loved us! A very good horse he was.

W.

P.S. I know that someone's going to say, "But what about cats?" Seems we've "been there done that". All I can say is that there seems to be a smile on the face of the Sphinx. It knows. But do you?
Old 10-14-2015, 10:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I treasure my dogs for their love and devotion. Dogs are wonderful.
Old 10-14-2015, 03:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

My dog knew something was up with me today and he rested his head on mine Mrs sw thought it was adorable he is one amazing dog
Old 10-14-2015, 07:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you for posting this. In my darkest days my dogs were definitely my light.
Old 10-15-2015, 12:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

My favorite things about dogs is the fact that they love and accept unconditionally and they live completely in the moment. If only humans could embrace those qualities!
Old 10-15-2015, 05:16 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MythOfSisyphus View Post
My favorite things about dogs is the fact that they love and accept unconditionally and they live completely in the moment. If only humans could embrace those qualities!
I think that some "humans" have. They are rare but they can be found. Whether they live beyond death is a matter on which many differ. Some think, or rather, believe that they might....I do hope so! They are so needed!

W.