Notices

Day 2

Old 10-14-2015, 06:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Choosing Life

Day 2

Well, after a delayed start, I finally got Day 1 in the bag yesterday. It wasn't too bad. I hadn't been drinking heavily enough to experience bad withdrawals, just a little shakiness and some nausea here and there, which worsened right around the time my body would have been expecting its first drink (after I got home from work). I didn't sleep much, which I expected, and when I did sleep, I had an awful nightmare about giant spiders! Good grief. Anywho, I am tired this morning but feeling accomplished. Having done this before, I knew that if I could get just one day on the books, I would find the motivation to keep going, and I have. It felt good to be present in my own world last night, just hanging out with my boys and engaging in nice conversation with my oldest boy. It was the first sober day I've had at home since last Christmas. And I want more of that.

I'm putting together a plan to stay sober. Right now I'm getting ready for a move out of state at the end of the month, and that's going to keep me very busy without any room for screw ups. After the move and getting settled in, I'm going to connect with a church and also seek out support for me and my autistic son. I realize how isolated I have been these last few months and that's been a big part of my problem. Moving won't change anything in my world unless I look for opportunities to get out of myself. It will take time, but I am willing and motivated to do the work.

I will also stick close to SR. You guys have always been a great source of support. Thank you for being there, and for welcoming me back.
Old 10-14-2015, 07:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I wish you well on day two & your new life in a new place. Looking forward to hearing about more sober days.
Old 10-14-2015, 07:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

It sounds like you are preparing yourself for the move and that you have a good plan for when you get settled. I made a long-distance move in early recovery and it worked well for me. As long as you keep your focus on recovery you should be fine.
Old 10-14-2015, 09:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congratulations!

I'm only 2 days ahead of you.

Best wishes for continued sobriety.
Old 10-14-2015, 10:52 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats on day 2 Desertsong

Welcome Norquay
Old 10-14-2015, 10:54 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

Great job on 2 days, and welcome back!
Old 10-14-2015, 11:05 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Day 2 is excellent!
Old 10-14-2015, 11:33 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome Back! Sounds like you know what you need to do.

Giant Spiders! Your dream was my reality the other night. I got bit 4 times....really bad. I actually don't know it was a spider (I was sleeping) but the bites sure look like it. Crazy. I've never seen anything like these bites. Yikes.

Good luck with the move!