Notices

walking into brick walls

Old 10-13-2015, 04:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Exclamation walking into brick walls

So iv tried to slow down my drinking but when i do drink its like im not pleased in tell iv drank the bottle gone.. the doctor said my liver functions are off and im scared the i wont be able to battle this. i know now that i need to cut the drinking totally out of my life but beginning this life change is going to be so hard. Im only 23 iv been heavily drinking and i mean heavy since i was 16. I need to find an outlet and fast.
Old 10-13-2015, 05:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
JD
You're not shackled to not drinking, you're free from drinking

Welcome to sr. You can do this. It's as simple as not putting the booze in your mouth. Doing that, though, is not so easy. The good news is there is a lot of excellent resources here and even better people. We've all been where you are and if we can do it so can you.

The first thing you should do is see your dr and be honest with her/him about your drinking and wanting to quit. Stopping cold turkey can be dangerous. And while you're doing that read the resources here and many of the threads. You want to come up with a plan on how you're going to stop and how you'll continue not drinking once you stop. That's the most important part as that's the hardest.

When ever you're having doubts or questions post here and you'll get tons of advice.

You're still young and have a lot of life ahead of you. Don't do what I did and wait until you're in your late 50's to start this journey.
Old 10-13-2015, 05:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
I could see peace instead of this

Welcome to SR, Bananza!
Old 10-13-2015, 05:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you decide to stop drinking. Yes, it will be hard, but you can do it. You are worth the hard work it will take.
Old 10-13-2015, 05:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

It's simple but not easy. You just don't drink, no matter what. Don't drink today and repeat tomorrow.

It's hard at first but it gets better.

Welcome to the family.
Old 10-13-2015, 05:37 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

for most of us it does have to come down to choosing life or death before we decide to quit. It was that way for me anyway. Hope you choose sooner than later..stick around here. The sobriety can be contagious.
Old 10-13-2015, 05:51 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Wow. I hope you quit before it's too late.

Why don't you call AA for a list of meetings near you? Google the phone number.
Old 10-13-2015, 05:58 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

iv had 2 duis already so iv been to plenty of aa classes. back then i didn't have the want to quit i enjoyed it but now days its difrent. i hold all they keys to quieting inside me now all i need to do is pick up the keys and open a door to a new life.
Old 10-13-2015, 10:36 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, bananza1992! Realizing you need to change is a bit step in and of itself. I'm glad you found us here.
Old 10-14-2015, 05:17 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome Bananza
Old 10-14-2015, 06:03 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
zjw

I had a lot of BENT up energy when i quit. it was like great now how the heck do i get through each day. I climbed the walls for about 6 months then i started exercising. i theorized perhaps i could exercise till i collapsed then just go to bed rather then climb the walls and pull my hair out which is what I had been doing. It didnt really work out how I expected but not in a bad way. I'm rediculously fit now and can run forever and not collapse. But i dont climb the walls anymore and i'm much happier.

I say this becuase it could be a possible outlet for you. Back before i ever drank I used to lift weights I never got anywhere with it really but I felt better each time i went to the gym etc.. so thats why i did it.
Old 10-15-2015, 04:35 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Bananza!!