Notices

No other way.

Old 10-13-2015, 09:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

No other way.

I've been back and forth all my teenage/adult life putting smoke and liquor into my system and becoming half the man I could be. I do it out of boredom, I do it out of simply not having anything I feel to lose. I do it because it's the thing to do. I want to be the man I admire and know I have the potential to be. It's hard living inside my skin. It's hard living with my mind. I want to escape constantly, or help time speed up.

Enough with the talk.

I just did a working interview yesterday, and am going to another interview in a few hours. I blew off a phone interview yesterday because I got high after I got home and was feeling crappy. As I pretty much always do after smoking.
I intend on securing a job (PT or FT) to secure myself financially, keep my mind and body engaged and also to build my resume (which is pretty much non-existent I have never worked)

I'm going on a walk, and intend to continue slight exercises throughout my days to promote health within. I have changed my diet and will focus more on the simpletons like drinking water throughout the day and staying positive mentally.

I have to learn how to plan my days and be comfortable with myself being my own friend. I've depended on others all my life and it's tough liking the man in the mirror.

I come to you guys again to show how serious I am about this, and to help others who are going through the same. No life is easy. I cant say how many "day 1" threads i've started. I can say that enough is enough.
Old 10-13-2015, 09:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Congratulations on your decision to live a sober life.

Best of Luck on Your Journey!
Old 10-13-2015, 09:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by CharlesG View Post
I have to learn how to plan my days and be comfortable with myself being my own friend. I've depended on others all my life and it's tough liking the man in the mirror.
Yes, you do have to learn how to plan your days so that you find peace and enjoyment each day. Then you will begin to like/love yourself and staying sober will seem the natural thing to do.
Old 10-13-2015, 09:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

right on!

What face-to-face, 'real life' support will you include in your plan?
Do you have access to a counselor?
Have you considered using AA or NA or SMART as a resource?
What changes to your daily / weekly routine will you make?
What alternatives to smoking / drinking will you line up?
Will you schedule these things and map out a daily / weekly plan to make it easier to keep to your commitment?

you can do it!

Old 10-13-2015, 10:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome bk Charles G its good to see you I'm providing links that will help build a plan I suggest joining the class of October 2015 youl find the thread here where you posted your thread in newcomers

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ful-links.html
Old 10-13-2015, 10:29 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks FreeOwl!
well..
1. I have a therapist who I can see and get face to face support from, I just want to land this job to make sure I can pay her monthly! I will send her an email by the end of this week, when I know what my schedule will be to start up!
2. Besides my therapist I don't have any face to face. Me and my girlfriend are both struggling and it's hard to talk to her about it when we both are feeling different ways.
3. I have a bunch of AA books but no I haven't considered actually going to a class or anything. I'm not against it just haven't looked to that as a beneficial option.
4. For my weekly schedule I want to be working for atleast half of the day, and i'm not sure besides that. I am a musician and just quit my band, I have other side projects I can and want to work on but want myself to be at a good place first. So much weed smoke and drink around me. I just want a change of environment more than anything.
5. Alternatives to smoking and drinking? No clue. Writing maybe? No clue. Any help with ideas?
6. Yes! I must map and schedule this out! For my life's sake and everyone around me!!!
Old 10-13-2015, 10:29 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
Yes, you do have to learn how to plan your days so that you find peace and enjoyment each day. Then you will begin to like/love yourself and staying sober will seem the natural thing to do.
I'm in.
Old 10-13-2015, 10:31 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
Welcome bk Charles G its good to see you I'm providing links that will help build a plan I suggest joining the class of October 2015 youl find the thread here where you posted your thread in newcomers

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ful-links.html
So glad to be back! Can't tell you about the months lurking on here while smoking and drinking and feeling horrible about myself. I have so many opportunities that I let drift past in that zombie state.. Thank you soberwolf!
Old 10-13-2015, 10:34 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome back CG! Glad to see you back and going all-in. You can get your life back to where you want it.

Lean on us to help you out.
Old 10-13-2015, 10:38 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

All the luck in the world...If you do the work...it's a reality, not a wish!
Glad to see you recommit to your sobriety and recovery!
Old 10-13-2015, 12:54 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ccam1973 View Post
Welcome back CG! Glad to see you back and going all-in. You can get your life back to where you want it.

Lean on us to help you out.
Nothing but love here. Thank you all! Helps.
Old 10-13-2015, 12:55 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KeyofC View Post
All the luck in the world...If you do the work...it's a reality, not a wish!
Glad to see you recommit to your sobriety and recovery!
Committing to the work and enjoying this reality! Fight.. I love this!!
Old 10-13-2015, 03:15 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Do your best