Notices

I might lose my new dog

Old 10-13-2015, 05:18 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Do your best

I would give the dog to a vet or a dogs sanctuary in your area

Drunkelheit you need help with your mental health I'm worried about you & anyone near you at the moment after reading your last thread, do you really think having a dog that isn't even yours is helping things ? you are a danger to yourself & sorry if I sound harsh but has everyone forgot the last thread ?

are you seeking medical attention
Old 10-13-2015, 05:30 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
I would give the dog to a vet or a dogs sanctuary in your area

Drunkelheit you need help with your mental health I'm worried about you & anyone near you at the moment after reading your last thread, do you really think having a dog that isn't even yours is helping things ? you are a danger to yourself & sorry if I sound harsh but has everyone forgot the last thread ?

are you seeking medical attention
Yep, this is much deeper than a dog issue. There is a life in severe crisis here. Arguing about a dog here surely does not help matters for OP. I hope this person seeks and gets the medical attention they need. Life is precious and there are solutions. People can get well.
Old 10-13-2015, 05:43 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Well most of us know what a healthy dog looks like.

Food does not much good if a dog or cat happens to have a common problem of worms.

One possibility?

MM
Old 10-13-2015, 05:49 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Roxyblues View Post

Arguing about a dog here surely does not help matters for OP. I hope this person seeks and gets the medical attention they need.
Most excellent point made.

I must remember when I first sobered up. Some friends were going to give me a beautiful Husky pup. Although I thought that I wanted it, I turned down the offer knowing that I could barely keep my own thoughts and feelings in healthy order. It was a good decision not to take on a dog at that time.

MM
Old 10-13-2015, 07:06 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I agree that this puppy needs to go the dr. Aside from being skinny you mentioned that she easily gets winded. That could be a sign of something. Getting her to the vet will also help establish your history of caring for the dog. Equally as important, take care of yourself too!
Old 10-13-2015, 07:33 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I would agree that having a dog is not a good idea for you at this time Dunkelheit. You were just released from the psych ward for attacking your ex BF with a Knife yesterday, and this is the second time it's happened in recent history. Please take the dog to someone that will be able to safely care for it so you can take care of yourself.
Old 10-13-2015, 08:14 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dunkelheit View Post
I'd knife fight for the dog.
Please seek professional help to address your needs.

There are good organizations that can find a loving home for the dog. There will be ample opportunity in the future for you to have a dog and care for it in the way it deserves.
Old 10-13-2015, 08:15 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Administrator

Some posts have been removed for breaking rule 4 (Flaming).

Please keep your comments to the OP, not 'about' the OP. And, remember, none of us can possibly know whether or not the dog is healthy.
Old 10-13-2015, 09:06 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Administrator

I don't care, flame away. Have a blast, people. .
No, that won't happen here, and you may not encourage flaming. If the flaming continues, the thread will be closed.
Old 10-13-2015, 09:19 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Aellyce View Post
Hi, I won't preach much to remind you of your own treatment now as others have done it already. Just want to say that the dog is indeed adorable and I totally get how you fell in love with it. I also like the name -- I was a goth in my teens and had pet rats. I chose names for them from mythology, usually "darker" ones like you did. It's a form of self-expression, projection if you will. It could be a cool exercise in development and fantasy over time to bring Nyx out of the chaos... both you and the puppy, together

Please don't use this exciting new company to escape from addressing your problems though as the story is unlikely to have a great development without your focusing on that as well... and as you know, things can get sudden unexpected turns if you lose focus.

Beautiful pictures btw, I love all the autumn colors.
Yeah, I'm 26 and I'm still goth. I'm a tomboy though, so I don't look pretty like a lot of goth chicks. I also had rats for a long time. They are more expensive than dogs though! They're healthy for about 1.5 years, and then you have to start taking them to the vet for Baytril and checkups related to cancer. It's $300 just to walk in the door with a rat, the vet bills are insane.
Old 10-13-2015, 11:19 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Hey, maybe I am also one of those middle-aged ladies... 41 now. So here is my input, and I prefer publicly so that perhaps it's useful for others as well

Yeah I know about the challenges and also the cost of keeping a healthy and happy rat pet. With time and experience, my interest and love for these animals (and for psychology, psychiatry, etc) led me into a state of being, including a wonderful job, working on psychiatric disorders in rats and in humans now. So now I have many rats to study all the time, and zero personal cost. And the lessons directly impinge on my own questions about existence and my own personal growth. I also recently married a guy who has similar patterns, only with human contact only.

Oh btw, well I guess I'm one of those "pretty goth chicks". I made quite some money modeling back in that era, and I've always been on the more feminine side even though my perceptions and interests in these things still fluctuate up to now. What I can add is that I've also always liked the "tomboys"

Again, I feel that lots of your intuitions are good and that you have great potential. The question is how to put all these together in a complex and way of living that allows you and whoever you connect with (including animals), a more stable, steady, and sustainable functioning?
Old 10-13-2015, 12:17 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Nice constructive post, Alleyce :-) And hey, cool! You used to be a model!

I'm 49....another statistic!

What's up on the medication front, Dunkel? Did they get that sorted for you when you were in the ward?
Old 10-13-2015, 12:39 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

I m one of those
First I really want to thank you for your kindness to little Nyx and caring for her right now.
Originally, I thought you were simply new to sobriety and I was going to say:
- By all means, get her signed over to you. You will be good for each other. You will offer her a loving home and she will give you a reason to remain on the path. I also heard that walking your dog really helps when cravings hit (was it Hevyn who wrote about it???)

After reading your other threads though, I would suggest that you get yourself stabilized with your psychiatric issues first and stay on your meds before you consider adopting a dog or caring for any kind of living being.

Once you adopted her, she would be your responsibility and you would not be able to care for her if you are locked up in an institution or if you are on a delusional trip and forget to feed her or feed her God knows what.
Try to find her a loving home asap. She is a cutie and both you and her deserve a happy life... just not together right now.

PS: I was one of the first Goths in the eighties in a small European town before it was cool to be a Goth!!

Last edited by ScottFromWI; 10-13-2015 at 02:30 PM. Reason: removed quote of unapproved post
Old 10-13-2015, 12:45 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Is this not underweight? I'm looking at photos of Labrador retrievers and huskies, and none of them look like this. Imagine I shaved her.
Yes, extremely underweight. Can you get Nyx to a vet soon?
Old 10-13-2015, 12:45 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Do your best

I'm a 33 year old male Drunkelheit

Can I ask Drunkelheit have you sought any medical attention since your last thread I am genuinely concerned for your welfare sorry if I seem harsh I've dealt with this in my real life & I've had a friend who commited suicide & I lost my cousin recently

All my posts have been said as a friend sorry if I sounded heated
Old 10-13-2015, 03:33 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Rar

Originally Posted by Kallistia View Post
Dog was abandoned, you claimed it and began caring for it, can you come up with a record of transactions for things you've purchased for the dog since you've taken it in? Like, do you have receipts or bank statements from when you first started buying things for the pup? If you don't, start keeping up with them (and fluff a little if necessary) and refuse to turn the dog over.

You have pictures of the condition of the dog before and after, prove you are caring for the dog, if he wants the dog back make him take you to court. That's costly and will probably result in no court and hard feelings for a while over said dog.

But stand your ground. You're taking care of it without an agreement that it would be for a finite amount of time. Your dog, make the cousin prove otherwise.
I agree with everything Kallistia has said. What a beautiful dog. In the last pictures, the dog certainly looks malnourished. Can you take the dog to the vet for a checkup and get a statement on the dog's condition?

I'm a HUGE animal lover. I wish you good luck. Keep us posted.
Old 10-13-2015, 06:50 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

The doctor at the hospital said to speak to my doctor about medication. I already went to him for a referral at the beginning of September. Then I went back to tell him it was urgent, and to get my medical records sent to his office. I haven't heard from anyone yet. I've only been without a psychiatrist for a month and things went downhill so badly. I'm only now beginning to pick up the pieces.

The vet visit is tomorrow. Since I have no information on Nyx, the vet will probably treat her as though I found her on the street. It's making me mad that she doesn't know what toys are.

PUPPY!
Old 10-13-2015, 06:54 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Nyx is beautiful, dunkelheit.

I hope that you and the vet can restore him to full health.
Old 10-13-2015, 08:17 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

If I were you I would give them another ring, Dunkel, to get this referral happening. It's taking too long. Like you say, it's urgent. It might be a case of 'the squeaky hinge gets the oil'....in other words, get on their case about it, I reckon :-)

Nyx is beautiful. Don't worry, she will get to learn what toys are quickly enough :-)
Old 10-13-2015, 09:43 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

The dog is so happy with me. I need to keep her.
She's really pretty. I think you're doing a lot to get yourself on track and I think a dog would be good for you. Here's my concern--you get attached and then lose her. I would listen to what other posters have said and do the legwork doing what it takes for you to be able to keep her. I also think you are responsible enough and care enough about her to make sure she is taken care of if things get worse for you.