Notices

Finally

Old 11-17-2015, 04:26 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

We here in the US don't use that word as a noun so much lest it be Animal Planet or sumpin' (and wait, don't most of those guys have Harry Potter accents?)
Old 11-17-2015, 05:17 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Do your best

Old 11-18-2015, 07:57 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Full Disclosure

P.O. called today to let me know I tested pos for benzo's on 11/3 when I saw him. I told him I was released from detox on 10/30 and that librium and haldol were administered for 3 days while there. He said "get me the paper work when you can so I can wrap this up." No worries on either end. I will be picking up my medical records from hospital at noon and putting them in snailmail. Done deal and it feels so good, so right. Soo the detectable levels for benzo's is a bit longer than 3 days but it truly wouldn't matter if it were 180--I'm covered.
Old 11-19-2015, 03:41 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Priorities

Gotta catch up on journaling (old school way), get a lawyer, search the house for documents, find a safe home, get an income, and make my daughter feel special on her 5th birthday today as mom cleaned out the cards in just one week. Just writing the truth of the last week's mayhem granted me a protection order yesterday but I'm nowhere close to the end of this debacle with my insane-from-alcohol-spouse. It's really just about the kids at this point and I can focus well now sober. Staying close to here, true friends (I have a few--sober or at least non-alcoholic), and resources research on the net for people just-like-me has turned the tables quickly but truly her ultra-predictable behavior has made this easier--I just had to document and act. So I'm off to do more of just that. Holler at yuns later.
Old 11-19-2015, 04:56 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Hey all. Please do not take my refusal of a "friend request" personally. I'm friendly to everyone here and the folks I really relate to I just PM and that list is mostly in my head and 'in flux' as the membership and my recovery changes. I don't use this site as a 'sober FB'. Just me. I'm odd but ok with my oddities (and all my friends are oddities too..hoo hoo. Pleased to meet you....
Old 11-19-2015, 12:21 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Hey zombob, I just wanted to wish you and your daughter a happy day. It is my son's birthday today as well, he turned 7.
Old 11-19-2015, 01:21 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by zombob View Post
Wow, Yesterday was just a cleaning tsunami for me. Middle D's asthma attack had me researching a lot the night before and although we've known for a while her allergy to cats, I've also suspected the dander from our mini aussie sheppard (who is totally attached to D and vice-versa) is a contributing factor. So 7 loads of laundry and vacuuming every surface in this house, dusting, changing air filters, as well as thoroughly brushing the dog outside had me quite busy. I even vacc-ed the ceilings for the ladybug invasion of late. Anyhoo, it's all just stuff that gets overlooked whilst one is too busy drinking to notice anything else. She's doing great today and so am I. A little over a week off the booze and 4+ days off the librium and I'm overdoing the coffee. Other than that it's just regular stuff--Stay busy, be mindful of over-exertion, eat, sleep, remember appointments, drink more water, be mindful of others. Pretty simple but probably something I should get tattooed on the back of my hand for the many times I've willfully forgotten.
I too have an allergy to cats where I cant stay in a persons house that has a cat more than a few minutes before I start to sneeze, eyes become itchy, and then asthma. It happens to me as well with dogs that shed a lot.

We have two hpyoallergenic dogs, and I still use a Dyson vacuum and an air purifier. Air purifiers are expensive but that might help if you have it running in the rooms she spends a lot of time in with the dog.

Claritin helps when I know I am going to someone elses house who has cats or dogs.
Old 11-19-2015, 03:11 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Meraviglioso View Post
Hey zombob, I just wanted to wish you and your daughter a happy day. It is my son's birthday today as well, he turned 7.
Thanks Mera! Hope you and your son have the greatest day ever.
Old 11-19-2015, 03:27 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

glad to hear you are moving forward zombob - and keep the sober attitude...

with the right mindset you can keep this forever, well done
Old 11-26-2015, 02:53 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Just watched "The Judge" again....And cried like a baby ...again. I want some whiskey but not the addiction. My AV is just working overtime. I guess I'll just eat something.
Old 11-26-2015, 08:17 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Hey, zombob!
I have just been reading through this thread and can certainly relate to it; I am 55 and was pretty bad off and far along in my addiction, but I will have six months of sobriety in about an hour. I didn't think I could do it at first but with the help of SR, therapy, the right medications and a lot of hard work I feel pretty solid at the moment. I still play the tape forward when I get a thought of drink and not be complacent about my recovery. Complacency and thinking I could drink in any way was what led me back to alcohol in the first place. I understand the AV well-tell it to push off. I wish you strength.
Old 11-27-2015, 03:04 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Thanks. I made it through by eating and going to bed early. Again I'm up early and it's raining so not much walking today. Yesterday I just took off twice for long walks and it helped. Not really thinking about a drink today but lonely. House is empty due to an order of protection I took out on my wife. I'm constantly second-guessing if I did the right thing but know I did. I miss the chaos somewhat but that is not rational thinking I know. I will stay close to
SR and ride out the weekend. Gotta look for a place to live as she will be letting the bills go here. Not sure what to do with the dog. 33 days today.
Old 11-27-2015, 03:13 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats on 33 days Zom
Old 11-27-2015, 04:44 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Congrats on your sober time Zombob, sounds like you're doing great despite everything you have to deal with.

Best wishes, keep it going!
Old 11-27-2015, 05:26 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

33 days is fabulous, zombob- and sticking with SR this weekend sounds like a great idea!