Notices

Finally

Old 10-12-2015, 11:16 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I'd be skipping the store and checking in with a Dr!!

You gotta stay safe, more alcohol is not the answer, medical supervision and advice is a better way forward!!

You can get through this!!
Old 10-12-2015, 11:34 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thanks wolfie. I'm not promoting weaning or tapering--just trying not to go into DT's or have a stroke until I can make it to the doc. I won't talk any more about drinking on a sober site but I will say I'm just doin' my best. I'm acutely aware of my state right now and it's not-so-good. Thanks for the concern.
Old 10-12-2015, 11:40 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Can you get yourself to a doctor? Or maybe get your wife to take you? You seem to be in a potentially dangerous situation. I've just read through the thread. You are at home alone, with no vehicle or way to get yourself to a doctor? I suggest you make some phone calls. Please do not underestimate the damage that can be done during a detox.
Old 10-12-2015, 11:45 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hi! Thinking of you, I think you should go to a doctor too, its so dangerous and we don't want to lose you.
((((Hug))))
Stick around xoxo
Old 10-12-2015, 11:56 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Thanks Sober. Wife will be home around 5:30 and we'll go from there. I'm really ok. I just searched thru this site's tapering threads of the past and see that it's sorta promoting using. I also saw that it didn't work for most who tried it. I'm re-thinking this as I type. I won't have co-pay or money for scripts til wednesday (obamacare). I'll be ok. I ate pretty good today and took some vitamins. I'm mostly just anxious. My BP was 140/88--high but right where it was last time I weaned off and it dropped to normal by day 2. I will be going for a long walk tonite for some nominal exercise. That has also helped me in the past. I really hate to say I've done this way too many times. I do appreciate everyone's advice tho---if I really knew what I was doing I wouldn't be in this predicament.
Old 10-12-2015, 06:45 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

How are you doing at this point, Zombob?
Old 10-12-2015, 08:18 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Good. Had a BP spike of 160/89 around 3 and the 1 beer I got brought me back down. Will stick with what's working and lower some more tomorrow.
Old 10-13-2015, 03:33 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Managed to get 4.5 hrs sleep and feel pretty good despite the drama of family members last night (I just stayed out of it all--I gotta get well). No real compulsion this morning so I'll just have some bacon and eggs and check my BP later. Wife brought me one home last night and it's still tucked in the fridge. Time to eat. Peace.
Old 10-13-2015, 05:08 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Do your best

Enjoy breakfast Zom you can do this bud
Old 10-13-2015, 06:14 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

BP is still pre-hypertension range but tomorrow is payday so if it continues to be a problem I'll go see a doc. Meanwhile I'm eating everything in sight. Forewent the eggs for some leftover chicken alfredo and coco puffs.
Old 10-13-2015, 08:38 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

This was me and I sang it loud and proud for the last coupla months. Now I see two things in this song. One, he knows this condition (especially "bugs crawlin all over me" part) but, Two, he obviously found something else cuz he performs non-stop and noone could do that long. I saw a lot of sadness in this song.
Old 10-13-2015, 12:18 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Still eating. This time leftover chili made with sirloin roast 3 nights ago. I was still making meals (for the fam) but quit eating them so there's still some jambalaya in da fridge I'll have to sample later. Googled a bit on alcoholism malnutrition and added some b vits and e to my diet. t'will be awhile before my alimentary tract can absorb much of this stuff so I'll just eat now (grateful to have an appetite) and walk it off later. Winter approaching and I have no Buff Alcoholic photo shoots scheduled so a little extra weight will be ok. Still not as cognitive or motivated as I'd like, but for day 2 of detox I feel good. Did a few things around here like canning some summer-end veggies we bought on a drunken road trip and would have rotted had I kept going. Was also able to accept the sting of shower water last nite ( I was getting to where every 3rd day was just fine w/me--not so sure everyone else agreed). Had picked up smoking again on this last binge and find they taste like crap now so only had a few today. So I suppose I'll keep pluggin away. May go cut a tree down in the back yard for the fire pit (will it even be as fun w/out booze?) . Just ramblin now. Peace to yuns.
Old 10-13-2015, 12:41 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

It's good you got your appetite back! It's usually a good sign, just don't go counting your chickens just yet. But by all means, keep eating!
Old 10-16-2015, 07:17 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

S.O.B. I jumped back into the fire and it burns so...familiarly. Be back when I hurt more I suppose..Peace y'all.
Old 10-16-2015, 04:38 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Administrator

Why not take charge instead Zombob and end the bender today?

D.
Old 10-18-2015, 05:48 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Sounds reasonable Dee but I'm deep in the eff-it stage until ...a moment of clarity breaks thru the clouds. Did jello shots at a party yesterday (first time ever)and was flummoxed as to why one would have to "finger" a beverage to imbibe. ....Still did 6 of em' .
Old 10-21-2015, 12:41 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

I am back and of course pretty sick. Not going to the store this morning. Think I have 2 beers in the fridge. May need them later for shakes but the thought of drinking right now makes me queazy==thankfully. I'm usually ready to pound upon wakening for WD's. Not today. I'm gonna do this.
Old 10-21-2015, 02:28 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Do your best

Zom I say this as a friend you need to take sobriety seriously don't be another stat
Old 10-26-2015, 08:27 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

I gave up. Brother is coming to get me and I'm going to a hospital. I'll holler when they let me out. Probably won't be just 3 days this time... I'm sick as hell.
Old 10-26-2015, 08:48 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Geesh...just called him and he has not left yet....40 mins. away and the store is only a 5 min. walk-------------I absolutely hate alcohol but am going for a walk.