Notices

How do you define yourself?

Old 09-07-2004, 05:51 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I begin by defining myself as human being on planet Earth.

That is sufficient, IME, although it is ripe for embellishment.

Tracy
Old 09-07-2004, 06:07 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Running Blind

Sandy, that is exactly what I am doing. Im detaching. I make the choice to not let my past control today. Matter of fact I'm leaving for Virginia tomorrow to be with my family (other than my father). You see, 14 yrs. ago I helped my father move back to Va. He did everything he could to make me stay but I came back to Texas. I'm the only one here. While running away from him I ran away from my grand parents, aunts, uncles, etc. I quit talking to them, writing them, etc. I have only one grand parent left...the one with whom I spent more time than anyone...my mom's mom. I haven't seen or spoken with her or anyone on my mom's side of the family in over 9 years. I haven't seen (barley spoken to) my brothers or my sister in 9 years. Same with my mother. So for the next 4 days I am going back to reclaim what has been waiting for me....my family. I cannot wait to feel the love that all those people have to give. I have been getting so many e-mails from them telling me how excited they are to see me. In the past I thought "what would change if I go back"....now I think "I'm getting the one things I've missed more than anything...my family". There will be a lot of wounds healed over the next few days. A lot of guilt and shame left in Va. before I come back to Texas.
Old 09-07-2004, 06:13 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
ted
OH SH!T

I HAVE DEFINED MYSELF OVER THE YEARS DIFFERENTLY.
I WANT AND AM LOVED.
I SO NEED TO PLEASE YOU.
YOU SO NEED TO PLEASE ME.
I'M NOT SO SURE I'VE GOT THE ANSWER I THINK I DO.
43 YEARS OF SEARCHING,STILL NO CONCRETE EVIDENCE.

MOOT FUBAR IS A GOOD WORD.

KEEP SEARCHING,I AM...........ted
Old 09-07-2004, 06:21 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Castaway

David,
Thank you for sharing. It's almost like tomorrow is DAY 1 for you but in a different way than for me. We're all trying hard to detach ourselves from our past. The best of luck...although I know you don't need it...now that you're master of your destiny. Stay safe. Keep us posted. A victory for you is a victory for the whole team. Go Dallas! OOPS!
Sandy
Old 09-07-2004, 07:06 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Running Blind

hahahahaha thank you Sandy. A little correction if I may...it's Go 'Skins. Yes tomorrow is the beginning of the rest of my life...a life I choose to be filled with family, love, happiness, etc. Thanks again.