Notices

Day 3 question

Old 10-10-2015, 07:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3 question

(Sorry this post is similar to my earlier one. I thought my earlier one had not posted but I now see that it had!)

Brain fog, exhausted, no energy just want to sleep. Some cravings. But really nothing too bad.. no severe withdrawal symptoms.

If I am going to experience bad ones... shaking, vomiting etc... when do they start? Do all heavy drinkers get bad withdrawal symptoms or not?

Last edited by Fabat50; 10-10-2015 at 07:14 AM. Reason: double post
Old 10-10-2015, 07:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It's different for everyone. No telling what you may experience. Depends some on how long and what you've been drinking.
My advice, if things get bad see a doctor or go to a clinic.
Congratulations on three days. It only gets better and you never have to go through this again if you don't pick up that first drink.
Hang in there and best to you.
Old 10-10-2015, 07:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Fabat50!

My day 3 was very similar to yours. That being said, everyone is different and I wouldn't be able to answer your question about when/if you'll get bad withdrawal symptoms.

I was a heavy drinker and saw my Doctor for assistance to avoid any medical issues.

Congratulations on day 3!
Old 10-10-2015, 08:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Can you make a Dr apt ?
Old 10-10-2015, 08:51 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
Can you make a Dr apt ?
I saw my Dr 2 days ago and at the moment am feeling pretty good.. don't feel the need to see him at the moment..?
Old 10-10-2015, 09:34 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

That's a good sign ,Fabat50.
Old 10-10-2015, 02:36 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

In fact the alcoholic voice in my head is telling me.. "See you just stopped drinking for 3 days after having drunk 2 bottles of wine a night for the past 12 months and you feel pretty good with no withdrawal symptoms. Easy, it must mean you do not really have a problem with alcohol". Am not listening to that voice.
Old 10-10-2015, 03:00 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi Fabat, don't listen to that voice. Regarding withdrawal, plan for the worst and hope for the best. Sounds like things are going pretty well. Your mind will try and trick you into thinking you don't have a problem or that you have control. Maybe you do, but since you joined this site and posted, its likely there is an issue of some sort at play. Many people have this including myself "it always gets worse, never better". And its 100% true.
Old 10-10-2015, 03:24 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I know that I have a serious issue. I don't doubt it. Just the voice in my head playing with me! It also told me tonight... "Look OK don't drink your 2 bottles of wine but you can have one little bottle of beer with a xanax just to take the edge of things. And that's not cheating because you hate beer. And in fact not only is it not cheating, it is progress!" Ignored that one too!
Old 10-11-2015, 07:28 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Fabat!! Keep pushing through, Day 3 is fantastic!!
Old 10-11-2015, 01:29 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

In fact the alcoholic voice in my head is telling me.. "See you just stopped drinking for 3 days after having drunk 2 bottles of wine a night for the past 12 months and you feel pretty good with no withdrawal symptoms. Easy, it must mean you do not really have a problem with alcohol". Am not listening to that voice.
I had that voice too Fabat. It's a liar,
Good for you on not listening to it
Old 10-11-2015, 11:29 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

That voice is wrong, in my experience. I went through that exact cycle over and over. As soon as I felt splendid by day three I was back to my wine glass along with the hangovers and dread and anxiety... Ugh it's a very cruel trick that AV plays.

Great for you that you are ignoring it!