Notices

Here I am again.....

Old 11-01-2015, 12:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Here I am again.....

It seems like I'm on a merry go round - sober and reading / posting then back on the wine and avoiding anything sober.
The last few weeks I took a huge jump off the wagon, I've drank 1 - 2 bottles of wine every day and probably had about 3 days off in the last month.
I've hidden bottles so my mr can't see how much I'm drinking, I've left my 4 year old asleep on bed whilst I nip out to buy more wine, I've driven drunk, I haven't been to work without a hang over for at least 2 weeks.
It's just got ridiculous.
Last night - halloween I used the excuse of a family halloween party to get smashed and fall asleep on my kitchen floor.
In the last few weeks I can say I can't remember going to bed a fair few nights. I've fallen over at home and in public and one night when out with a friend .... we had McDonald's and went in a couple of bars .... none of which I remember!!
My skin is horrible, I've put on so much weight and I am exhausted!!
I've posted here before then disappeared cos the wine witch convinced me to have a drink. I know I need to stop, I know this must be damaging both my physical and mental health.
I keep reading about " making a plan to be sober" what does that mean?? Please help x
Old 11-01-2015, 12:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome back, adelina. I am sorry that you are struggling.

Here is a great Sticky thread with some great information on recovery methods, etc.:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...at-we-did.html
Old 11-01-2015, 12:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yes, making a plan is a good idea, especially to get through the early days.

Welcome back!
Old 11-01-2015, 12:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

How easily we fall over..getting back up is just so difficult
Old 11-01-2015, 12:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
Yes, making a plan is a good idea, especially to get through the early days.

Welcome back!
What did you plan???
Old 11-01-2015, 12:28 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
JD
You're not shackled to not drinking, you're free from drinking

The link SoberLeigh gave is an excellent place to start. Pick 3 or 4 of the suggestions and work them everyday. Waking I highly recommend. Even just 15 minutes at a time really helps when you get cravings.
Old 11-01-2015, 12:34 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Oh man the wine witch has it out for me too.
Just try to get a few days sober under your belt, try some of the techniques the others use.
Just try one day at time in the start, that helps me
Old 11-01-2015, 12:39 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Clear your house of any wine/alcohol and anything that reminds you of drinking. Store it away or throw it away. I chose to throw it away as I was committed to sobriety; not to just drive it around the block a few times. Check in here daily. I suggest talking with your doctor and get really honest. It's really hard but best. You can do this!
Old 11-01-2015, 04:29 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Wow, sounds like a tough time for sure. Glad to see you're here. Try logging your days! Is there some sort of healthier alternative you could lean to when you're craving a drink? I'm such a wino too, I know it's hard. Clearing all alcohol out of the house is a good idea. I've hidden bottles from my family before...it really is a sucky feeling.
Old 11-01-2015, 11:07 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Rubbish nights sleep but I know that's normal for night 1, my body needs to get used to sleep without passing out on wine.
Thank you for your responses and if anyone else has advice on " plans" please let me know xx
Old 11-02-2015, 12:51 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Do your best

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ful-links.html
Old 11-02-2015, 01:57 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberclover View Post
Clear your house of any wine/alcohol and anything that reminds you of drinking. Store it away or throw it away. I chose to throw it away as I was committed to sobriety; not to just drive it around the block a few times. Check in here daily. I suggest talking with your doctor and get really honest. It's really hard but best. You can do this!
I've put away all the wine glasses so I don't have to look at them every time I go in the cupboard. We have beer in the house but I really don't find that tempting as don't like it much.
I'm not sure about the dr I may make a self re feral to swans well its a UK organisation the supports recovery. Thanks for your advice xx