Notices

Class of October 2015 Part 2

Old 10-11-2015, 06:20 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

I didn't make it last night and fell hard. Had a horrible night filled with nightmares and panic attacks. I start again today This truly sucks. What am I going to do differently - I have an appt. with a psychiatrist on the 26th. Going to ask about medication to help me with this. Day one.
Old 10-11-2015, 06:35 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

soo how does one become a member of the class of October ??
Old 10-11-2015, 06:58 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Good morning, all!

I have been swamped with everyone in town and I haven't been able to read any of the part 2 thread.
I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying their weekend. I will get caught up tonight as I'm relaxing after everyone gets to the airport.

I am feeling pretty damn proud of myself, as I made it through the weekend sober.
Did a day of wedding dress shopping with friends/family yesterday and at lunch everyone was getting cocktails. That was hard. And being on a high from the day made me feel like I should celebrate with booze - but I didn't.

I have to say I REALLY didn't think I was gonna make it through the weekend.
The fact that I did really boosts my confidence in my ability to do this.

Thanks for reading and I will see how you everyone is doing when I can finally get to reading the thread.

High fives for all you guys that made it through the weekend!!!!!! <3
Old 10-11-2015, 07:00 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Red face

Today is one full week- I woke up this morning and just felt so much gratitude for no hangover that I wanted to cry. I won't let myself celebrate or get to emotional though because I know relapse could happen any minute. Last night I was around drinkers- drinkers that I am usually drunk with on a Saturday night. I had a few cravings and urges but was able to get through them. One thing that did happen though was I had a moment of grieving when I thought about never being able to drink beer around a bonfire ever again. That has been one of my favorite things to do since I was a teenager and thinking that I can never do that again for some reason out of all things just kills me. Dumb!
Have a great day everyone and thank you for walking this road with me
Old 10-11-2015, 07:04 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Juno- Its ok. We get to start again. Don't be hard on yourself you are only human.
You will get through this and you will prevail Have some healthy food today and maybe say some positive things to yourself throughout the day.
Old 10-11-2015, 07:17 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Thanks, Jillybean! Thanks for the kind words. I'll post later in the day.

1ANDDONE - all you have to do is post here to be a member - You're in!!
Old 10-11-2015, 07:25 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

I feel your pain. we've brain washed our self's that thinking we cant have a good time without alcohol..we are bombarded with images of people having a great time hanging out at bars through the media,, be it movies , TV shows , and even commercials. but there is nothing "fun" about addiction and the places it take's us..
Old 10-11-2015, 08:36 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Juno11, sorry. But glad you are right back here. I felt so bad about myself yesterday, after drinking on Friday. I sat around and tortured myself mentally. Finally I had enough, got up and went and got my gkids. Went to the park, had a good time. It helped my mental so much. Dont beat yourself up . Its over, lets keep moving on.

Need, you are not the only one who keeps relapsing. Ive got to be the queen of that, for sure. Ive just got to keep trying.

Oneanddone, welcome to our class.
Jillyb, congrats on one week!
Kelly, congrats to you too.

In responce to becca, no, I dont have a sponser. I did have a temporary one, but we didnt click. I love AA, but Im still not sure if its the recovery path that will work best for me. Thanks for welcoming me back.

To everyone else, I hope this post finds you all well, and sober.
Old 10-11-2015, 08:47 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Just checking in, work today, clean up my house and car, cook, and do some reading for school.
I might go to AA as well, it's not really my thing, but I do enjoy it sometimes :-)
Old 10-11-2015, 09:20 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Needtopostthis~I agree with Bix. You name a lot of reasons why you should drink so I'm not seeing reasons of why you shouldn't. Everyone has reasons. Everyone has crappy days or thought times or kiddo problems. Depression, anxiety, worry LOL we ALL have that too! If you wait until everything's calm you'll be waiting til the end of eternity. Might need to make a list of why you should stop drinking. Then why you should work on recovery. Then a list of how youre going to change your thinking so you can change your life. Your thinking controls everything. Just my thoughts (hug)
Old 10-11-2015, 09:22 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Juno~don't be too hard on yourself but think I about what triggered you and get a new plan. Make yourself stick to it. It up to you.
Old 10-11-2015, 09:27 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Welp today is my day 83 and I partied hard all weekend and didn't drink not one time! It was all around me up in my face and I winked at the AV in the mirror and said "bring it on AV! I'm ready to dance!" I rocked it completely! I had a blast! So much so they begged us to go out after the reception but we declined. Hubby knew I had had my limit of it. I danced like nobody was watching and did not even care. This feeling of success is a high I never want to come off of! I never want to feel defeat, regret, or self doubt again. As long as I make sobriety my priority every morning all day long I'll always come out on top even the bad days! The you god thanks to y'all for support and SR!
Old 10-11-2015, 09:40 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 1ANDDONE616 View Post
soo how does one become a member of the class of October ??
Just like that! Welcome if you want to get and stay sober this month! At least I think that is how it works, and nobody kicked me out!
Old 10-11-2015, 09:52 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

1anddone I meant to say "hey"! And just be a part of it is how you sign up...welcome!
Old 10-11-2015, 10:38 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Humbly moving over to this class from September. Hopefully you guys will have me .
Old 10-11-2015, 10:48 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

I'm here too FF. Day 3 for me, had 3 last week too.

Just made a big dinner for my family. My brother and sister and stepmom are coming over - I was really tempted because I love to drink and cook. Then I wondered if my brother would bring beer. But he didn't thank goodness. I have to get through today. This week should be relatively easy as I'm really busy and it's my daughters birthday.

Glad your back Juno. We can do this
Old 10-11-2015, 10:53 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

(Hug) fabl, welcome!
Old 10-11-2015, 11:03 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Welcome 1anddone and faithfulandfree! Glad to have you join us. We have a great class!
Help and Key, it sounds like yall had a great time! (I wanted to put in the little party icon, but apparently today that's not an option for me). I'm so proud of you!! And it gives me hope that I too can go out and have a blast without having to drink. Thank you
I went out to dinner last night and the tab was a lot cheaper- I mean a lot a lot, like half price, without the adult beverages. Wow! I didn't realize how much money I was spending on alcohol. That opens up my options for the nice restaurants I can go to now that I used to say "nope, can't go there, too expensive". Everything was too expensive drinking like I was. I'm excited to see what other opportunities present themselves now that I'm not in that perpetual drunk/hungover cycle : )
Old 10-11-2015, 12:43 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Hi everyone.

Last night I got through it sober by eating a lot of chocolate and....well, I bought this frozen dinner of Butter chicken and rice - I looooove Indian food almost as much as pizza....and this frozen meal may have actually been a large, 4 serving monster size box obviously made for a family and I may have just eaten it myself all in one go pretty much. While watching netflix. I may have a problem. But I weighed the pros and cons, and binging on food was still a better option for me than binging on alcohol.

Today, I'm going to make a grain free pizza from scratch. Also, All day I'm here alone pretty much, and it is a long weekend...tomorrow is a holiday. I am going over to family's house tomorrow and having a big feast, but today I'm alone and wanting to drink. Also, my family does sometimes drink, but not a lot. Occasionally one or two family members might have more than two drinks, like, maybe three...?? and be kinda goofy. Yeah that's pretty much the extent. Sometimes there is a fair amount of wine but sometimes there is none. There will probably be something tomorrow, but not much. A couple other people tomorrow won't be drinking. Anyway, so I have to make sure not to drink. Even in the past I would try not to drink there, because I can't stop at two drinks....so it's not even worth it. But sometimes I would see just how many I could get away with. But not tomorrow.

Anyway, so today actually seems like more of a trigger than tomorrow. Because today I'm alone. But, I have to remember, WHY am I choosing not to drink?? Like seriously, no one is making me stop. I decided this. I have to remember that....

Ok well I'm maybe going to sit outside...it's actually pretty nice out right now!!!!
Old 10-11-2015, 02:05 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Do your best

Wishing everyone a good week ahead you guys inspire me daily