Notices

Why so many more women than men?

Old 10-09-2015, 02:28 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Do your best

No offence but this question isn't revelant if ppl want recovery SR is here if your male female gay straight

If there are more women I don't notice it
Old 10-09-2015, 02:31 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

So-the concept of more women than men is also foreign for my daughter who is a real heartbreaker...

She has said to on several occasions that she wishes the guys would stop bugging her because she literally has them lined up waiting for a chance to get to know her better, hang out, go for coffee together and what not...SERIOUSLY - she grew quite annoyed with. She's pretty picky like her mother...

So I told her one day when she was complaining about having too much interest: "Well, there are some girls who have anyone interested in them at all, so your fortunate that way, and just glad you are so blessed. The fact that so many guys want to get together with you is a reflection on you...and it's a POSITIVE one."

She thought about that...she is a very focused and motivated young lady who has very high principles. Just how she is...
Old 10-09-2015, 03:19 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Trudgin

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
For me (female) I was uncomfortable in AA meetings, which are predominantly men, and require a level of open sharing I'm not comfortable with in my real life.

Plus, women in general are more verbal, tend to be cautious, and have good written language skills - so this is a good "forum." I think we just need to process things differently and writing is a safe medium.
Originally Posted by Venecia View Post
I'm not all that convinced that there is such a big difference between the number of men and women here. Not all screen names lend themselves to easy identification, either.

Ummm, I thought our friend Bim was a guy till about 60 seconds ago! So there's that........sorry Bim, I'll be more polite in responding to your threads~!>

Also, thought our friend Dee was a female for a bit - sure that thought is not uncommon initially.

Old 10-09-2015, 03:25 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I haven't posted any threads, Fly N Buy. LOL.
Old 10-09-2015, 03:34 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
No offence but this question isn't revelant if ppl want recovery SR is here if your male female gay straight

If there are more women I don't notice it
Mostly agree; although, in a few instances it may be easier for a person to relate their experiences with someone of the same sex. But to me, it's apparent there are more than enough people of both sexes (straight, gay or otherwise) posting at SR, so everyone should be able to find someone to relate to and find support from. At least, that's been my experience.
Old 10-16-2015, 06:53 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I'd love to join you all in the month of October. I have tried this before, and went back out. It didn't go well - no surprise there! All I can say is; this last time out I really saw the depths of my denial and the quick pace of progression, which is very real! I love the statement someone had here that change is uncomfortable, but not changing could be deadly. The dumb decisions I made while drinking and losing control really scared me. I don't know how, but today being my day one, I have to truly make this work. I'm really at that jumping off point....so, I plan to start with acceptance.
Old 10-16-2015, 10:24 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I think Anna is probably right. I think i do feel more judged for being a woman and having a problem with alcohol. Maybe thats guilt because i'm also a mother but i think there is still a stigma. The thought of going to a live meeting is quite terrifying, although i would value the chance to meet local people who would want to cultivate sober experiences.