Notices

Business travel on Day 3

Old 10-11-2015, 11:37 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

As a part of this business trip I went out to see a comedy show with clients. I ordered my new drink of choice which is a club soda with cranberry and lime. It's very refreshing and looks a lot like a cocktail. No one said a word. Closing out day 5 on a business trip IN Vegas and completely sober. I almost can't believe it and I'm proud of my choices. This isn't easy! But it can be done.

Going home tomorrow evening and can't wait to get to my one week mark which is 48 hours from right now.
Old 10-12-2015, 05:11 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

That's awesome daisy bee!! Proud of you!!! Way to go.
Old 10-12-2015, 02:44 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

are you on your way home now DaisyBee?

D
Old 10-12-2015, 02:57 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

How is it going Daisy? Business trips stay a challenge for me, but each one gets easier.

Reset and Kitty -- I also hated all those quips about my drunken indiscretions, but find it a good reminder of why I'll have the Cranberry with Lime please -- or if I am on a splurge, a Virgin Mojito for me -- delicious if they know what they are doing.

Daisy -- I am glad that you are not suffering too much with cravings -- I don't either, which is why i have to constantly remind myself that abstaining is not the same as control -- not by a long shot.

Hang in there, we are proud of you.
Old 10-12-2015, 07:19 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Just dropping by to see how it's going. Sounds like you are doing wonderfully! I hope you are enjoying your evening there today. Keep up the great work!
Old 10-12-2015, 08:02 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hello everyone!

I'm on my flight home and am happy, (no thrilled!) to report that I am going strong. The airplane has always been a place for me to get smashed in first class with the free wine so today I had a very very brief thought about drinking but pushed that aside immediately. Instead, I am having a tasty pink lemonade and it's perfect.
At the airport, I selected a completely different restaurant than usual with NO bar so I basically changed up my routine. I'm trying so hard to crack this and I feel good. It seems for me it is very important to creat new habits and it's going to take a lot of focus and time.
Old 10-13-2015, 04:31 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Inspiring! I leave for a 10 day trip tomorrow and am determined to stay sober. Thank you for sharing your journey. I know I can do this!
Old 10-13-2015, 04:54 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Daisybee congrats your doing amazing you really are

Have you thought about a plan to help you stay sober ?

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ful-links.html