SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Weekender October 9th (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/377003-weekender-october-9th.html)

Marcher13 10-08-2015 03:45 PM

Happy birthday Zelda, get well Venecia and well done Tetra!

You know what I love best about sober weekends? The hours and hours and hours of weekends that I get for living because I'm not drinking/sleeping it off/being hungover.

Tetra Oct 18 is a great day to have a birthday, my gorgeous chocolate brown cat will be 18 on that day. :)

Behan 10-08-2015 04:00 PM

Hey you guys!!!!

I'm late,very late, but hopping aboard!!

Busy, busy day.

Big hospital scan today. Mrs B doing great and junior is looking awesome! No concerns about anything.

Happy Columbus day and Thanksgiving in Canada.

I'm feeling punk this weekend.

BixBees505 10-08-2015 04:20 PM

I am signing off, friends. Grateful to be here. Another sober day. I think I'm going to avoid counting days for a bit. It seems to make me needlessly obsessive. So..."another".

entropy1964 10-08-2015 04:56 PM

Hi tetra
I'm 50 and am now told I'm invisible. Ha! Am not! Don't listen to that BS. Keep doing good things and good thing generally happen!

Tooshabby 10-08-2015 05:01 PM

What a cute video!!!!

brynn 10-08-2015 05:59 PM

As usual I can't see the video but glad to hear your little family are doing well, Behan!

Oh tetra! You've got lots and lots of life to live! And the baby ship hasn't sailed yet! My advice.....stop reading articles about age and just live your life! :)

Ruby....I love toffee! I want a Heath bar now!

Potamus!! It's so good to see you friend!! :hug: and great to hear good things about your life and your writing! Gosh I've missed you!!

Jen...you can get through this weekend sober! I know you can! Have fun and enjoy yourself and your guy friend! :)

I've had a super busy and productive day! I've even got a lead on a job...a friend of a friend kind of thing! Just had Mexican for dinner. Should've stopped halfway through but everything was so freaking good! Feel like a disgusting blob now! Yippee!

MLD51 10-08-2015 06:53 PM

Behan - that video is tooooo cuuuuute! Glad things are going well on the baby front.

I'm beat after a long hike. Having a salad to make up for my sinful lunch. I won't say what it was, but it involved a drive-thru window and lots of grease. Sometimes ya just gotta give in.

After that, bedtime. Goodnight, folks!

bigsombrero 10-08-2015 06:55 PM

Belated congrats, Behan! Glad to hear your wife and the little guy are doing well, how wonderful!

I'm bushed! Traveled yesterday from the USA to Guatemala. Planes and airports from 4am-2pm. I was staying with my father in Florida. He'd suffered a stroke last week, an event that had me booking a panicked last-minute flight to go and rush to the hospital. I've already shared the good news: he's been discharged and is improving. He started his physical therapy today - the stroke seems to have been "minor" (as strokes go) and he doesn't have too many issues. A slight slurred speech (we all know how that sounds!) and a bit of a shuffling gate/limp. But he's been able to walk the dog, get out and about, etc.

I think he's frustrated, I can sense it. And boy, do I know how it feels to all of a sudden have the rug pulled out from you. After all, just 3 years ago I found myself in rehab with a huge life challenge in front of me. I didn't plan it, didn't want it, and was unsure if I could do the work required. Of course, sobriety certainly was worth it, but it's hard to convince someone of that on Day 1.

Anyway, settled in now and was even back to work today. Exhausted last night and will be another early night tonight. I did manage to walk to the town center today, and ended up meeting some guys from the government tourism office who gave me a cool map of the Guatemalan countryside. I'm heading out to the Caribbean part of Guatemala in about a month and they offered some sightseeing tips over a cup of java.

Happy to be back and looking forward to a simple, peaceful weekend. Glad to be here, great to be on board!

Jsbodhi 10-08-2015 07:29 PM

This reminds me of my self -flushing toilet hehe
I can't remember if any kind of links are allowed, I'll post it :-)
If you need to take it down Dee I apologize because I know you do so much already xoxo
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=O4EyvdTTnWY

Ruby2 10-08-2015 07:39 PM

BigS, glad you're back safe and sound. That's a lot of travelling in a day. It must be a relief to be home and your Dad doing reasonably well.

Behan, glad the scans are looking good for junior. Not much time remaining. I'm sure Mrs B is anxiously awaiting that. I was so ready.

Tetra, relax!!! Trust me. At 35 I was an underemployed alcoholic living with my parents. I had my first baby at 40 and my daughter at 43. Daughter was an oops. Take care of yourself and relax. You still can a splendid mum.

Brain, I haven't thought about the show Soap in forever. Thanks for that.

Venecia, feel better! Colds are the worst.

We got some rain here and I can see lightning flashing off in the distance. Almost bedtime here. For me, anyway. Feeling large after eating too much toffee and then pierogi at my parents. I'll pass on ice cream tonight.

Until later!

brynn 10-08-2015 07:56 PM

Was just wondering where lunar's been?

Glad you got home safe bigS and glad you've got some peace of mind about your dad.

Looking forward to a full day tomorrow with my godson! It's nice having things to look forward to and I'm grateful for the people in my life who've stuck with me even when I was a not so nice drunk.

I'll say it again....going to bed sober never gets old!
Sweet dreams y'all!
Xo

happyandfree 10-08-2015 08:00 PM

Hi everyone -
Hi soberpotamus. ..good to hear that you are doing well.
Venecia...I hope you feel better soon.
Tetra....relax! Things will work out for you in good time.
bigs..I hope you can get some rest this weekend. Tell those neighbors to be quiet.
I'm ready to go to sleep. Can't believe tomorrow is Friday already. It's been a good week. I'm considering a staycation next month around Thanksgiving.
Oh...20 months today....it amazes me! :)

brynn 10-08-2015 08:02 PM

Whoa! Congrats on 20 months HAF!!! Woohoo! :)

ZeldaFan 10-08-2015 08:05 PM

Thanks for all the birthday wishes everyone! Had a nice quiet evening at home tonight. Just me and the cat hanging out with Netflix. Made plans with a friend to do something tomorrow night but haven't figured out what yet. She knows I don't drink so she's a good sober buddy. I've officially filled up my weekend with things to do so that AV can just go find something else to do. I don't have time for the beast this weekend! Get well soon Venecia!

Della1968 10-08-2015 08:22 PM

Happy Birthday Zelda!

Trees39 10-08-2015 10:20 PM

Friday evening, full of creamy bacon pasta!
Tea and Tv. Bed early.

Behan 10-08-2015 10:41 PM

Awoke early with the larks! Thank you all for the well wishes and positive vibes.

Glad your father is recovering BigS. I wish him well.

Congrats on 20 months HAF!!! That's awesome!

Have a great day with your godson Brynn. Those that remain with us during our struggles in life are indeed like diamonds.

Belated happy birthday Zelda.

Busy day in work ahead of me, but nothing overly stressful. Looking forward to some time off. Meeting a friend on Saturday for lunch. He also suggested a movie. Will be nice to catch up. We used to meet regularly, but our social lives revolved around alcohol. He seemed to withdraw when I told him I quit.

I am going to practise taking the baby car seat out of the car and assembling the push chair this weekend. I want to be like a ninja in a few weeks time!

B

Have a great Friday all.

mecanix 10-08-2015 11:56 PM

Friday , Friday ,
one more cup of coffee for the road :)

Had a roller coaster week on the markets , up and then crashed outta luck , why do i pit myself against the fed ?
There is a fine line between gambling and using leverage to boost and test your hypothesis in the market .
I sometimes stray over the line when boredom sets in i paid heavily for that this week and in that alcoholic way i do the same old things again and again when it goes against me and i expect different results .
For me the market is a relentless and ruthless tester of my own psychology.

Anyhoo the sky looks nice outside , the morning is full of hope , the bills will get paid this month as the losses were on paper in my trading account and i never risk more than i can afford to loose .

Sobriety and addiction it's all about how this old brain of mine works .

have a good day everyone , be sober .

m :wave:

Weasel1966 10-09-2015 03:04 AM

Morning!!!!

:D:D:D:D:D

Behan 10-09-2015 03:11 AM

Hi Ken!

I hope you are keeping well!

B