Notices

Can't quit the 2 drinks a day

Old 10-08-2015, 02:07 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Taylord!!

For me it was all about changing up my routines, I was bored too when I stopped drinking, because all I did in my evenings was drink, so quitting naturally created a whole lot of time to fill with no idea on to fill it.

We gotta do something different, whether it's a walk, rekindle an old hobby, pick up a new interest, Sobriety creates a freedom to do anything we want to do with all this new found time that we simply wasted through either drinking or dealing with the hangovers, but we need to figure out what we want to now achieve in life, new projects, new goals etc.

You can do this!!
Old 10-08-2015, 02:38 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hey,

Whoever at AA didn't think it was a problem should be ashamed of themselves. If it's making you miserable, it's a problem. And could lead to binging.

You've got support here
Old 10-08-2015, 07:21 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Carver

I even told AA that I used to be a binge drinker a couple times a week. I'm working real hard on not going to the liquor store in the morning. I've reconnected with a cousin of mine and I'm trying to make more friends, but that does take time.

I used to go to this one neighborhood bar, and when the people I thought were my friends were drunk, they were friendly, then I would see them in the grocery store and they weren't so friendly when sober. Funny how alcohol changes a person's personality

taylor
Old 10-08-2015, 07:28 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

When I was drinking heavily, I would have to make all my hair, doctor and any appointment early in the morning, because I would have to start drinking by 9 or 10 in the morning. I even lost my dog groomer place because when I picked up my dog I said something to the receptionist, and it probably wasn't nice. Then when I woke up after I got home, I couldn't remember if I picked up my dog. I did. I dealt with a 3 day hangover that time. It becomes a ball and chain.

taylor
Old 10-08-2015, 07:50 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Maiden, I think that is a rare success story indeed. For most of us, that approach would simply prolong the agony and accelerate disaster.
Old 10-08-2015, 08:00 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hi, Taylor! I hope you are well.

I agree with what folks have said about finding alternatives in the evenings. When I drank, even just 2 glasses of wine would have me flopped on the couch and really not doing much (now that's boring &#128516. Now, I wonder how I had time to drink, there is so much to do.

Like you, I have a History of binge drinking. For folks like us, that is what makes those couple of drinks dangerous. I quit drinking for 6 months and then Thought I had it under control. It began with an occasional glass of wine, then one a couple days a week. Then almost every night, with a couple of binges in there. No Bueno. I'm back on the sobriety wagon.
Old 10-08-2015, 08:08 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Matilda

What keeps me from drinking so much beer, was it was fattening, I had clothes I couldn't fit into. After I quit drinking, people were telling me I was to skinny, when I drank beer I also ate salty foods. I don't want to go back to that lifestyle.

We all think we can control our drinking but we have the blood cells that become addicted again real easy. I need to become busier in my life. Thanks for the encouragement

taylor