Notices

relapsed on drugs yet again

Old 10-07-2015, 07:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

relapsed on drugs yet again

I went out 2 nights ago and bought some drugs. all this after withdrawing cold turkey 2 weeks before on Heroin. I am also a binge drinker and it always leads me onto drugs. I cant figure out why i keep doing these binges they come out of nowhere like a bolt of lightning then a week later i feel so bad i just give up and go on sober again for a while. What do others do to stop using drinking etc
Old 10-07-2015, 07:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by andynotts1974 View Post
I went out 2 nights ago and bought some drugs. all this after withdrawing cold turkey 2 weeks before on Heroin. I am also a binge drinker and it always leads me onto drugs. I cant figure out why i keep doing these binges they come out of nowhere like a bolt of lightning then a week later i feel so bad i just give up and go on sober again for a while. What do others do to stop using drinking etc
Sorry to hear that Andy. Many people here use some kind of formal sobriety plan like AA/NA meetings or daily work on Self-Paced sobriety methods like AVRT. Others use SR itself as a daily resource to post and read and interact with others. For some, detox and rehab is needed as well.

Do you follow any specific plan?
Old 10-07-2015, 07:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Aa

i went to a few AA meetings after my last drinking and drug binge and everything seemed to be going fine its like the better i feel the more likely i am to go on a binge think im wired up the wrong way
Old 10-07-2015, 07:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

That sounds like a good start for sure, do you have a sponsor and are you working on the steps?
Old 10-07-2015, 07:32 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

No i dont do the steps and have no sponsor i used to have a sponsor a few years ago and i had over a year sobre. I was reading the book sober recovery im not into god so always struggle with that higher power aspect of things people say its not about god but i dont understand it
Old 10-07-2015, 07:35 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I live with my partner who uses when i do so im sort of stuck in a hopeless situation, that was the reason i got into heroin in the first place the worst thing i ever did, i dont know what to do for the best.Its not her fault i dont take much persuasion especially if she puts the money in front of me
Old 10-07-2015, 07:43 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hey Andy, I am reading a book about recovery (called Recovery 2.0) and the way he explains believing in a higher power is like this. If you are trying to do something alone it is hard, but if you are doing it with someone then already there is a force greater than yourself working towards a common goal add a community and it gets even easier. Another thing that helped me (because I also have trouble with the god stuff) is thinking about it scientifically - like all the molecules and electricity in every living thing vibrating together in harmony and creating new life which all stemmed from the same original spark of life in an evolutionary sense. You are a part of that too, and that is a higher power. I hope that helps and doesn't just sound crazy lol.
Old 10-07-2015, 08:05 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Do your best

AA saved my life when I got sober keep at it bud stick to the plan/programme its a must in my book

Having SR here will help massively help
Old 10-07-2015, 11:11 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Sounds pretty understandable to me, the more days I had Sober the more I forgot about why I quit in the first place, and then in isolation my addiction would sell me all the great reasons as to why I didn't really need quit.

For me it was all about a plan, and having a system of support, wishingful thinking or hoping things would change without doing anything different never worked, I needed to get proactive in my activities, my decision making, make Sobriety happen at all costs!!

You can do this Andy, but nothing changes if nothing changes!!
Old 10-07-2015, 11:17 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I learned that the reason I did that stuff for so many years was that I was addicted to it.

So I finally really wanted it to change. Wanted my life to change.

So I came here and I went to AA and therapy and I got to changing.

Life is a lot better now.

Welcome
Old 10-07-2015, 03:51 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Feeling better is a dangerous place for some of us - I remember thinking 'if I feel this good, I can;t have a problem...'

but then the first thing I'd do was buy more booze or drugs.

I think good support is essential Andy - but using it when you need it is essential too.

I had to learn acceptance - no matter how good I felt I still had a substance abuse problem and I needed to act accordingly.

Support will help you there as well and in the lifestyle changes that you'll have to make.

D
Old 10-07-2015, 08:08 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by andynotts1974 View Post
Some go cold turkey, but I've heard it can cause hot flashes. Some prefer to taper down. You oughta get with your Dr. so he can see what's up.