Notices

Exhaustion!!!

Old 10-07-2015, 07:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Exhaustion!!!

Iam 7 days sober today and feel absolutely awful no energy a little anxious and completely lethargic. I was not a daily drinker but use to binge 2-3 a week and on at least one of those sessions it would be 30 plus units black out drunk! Is it normal to feel like this and how long does it last??

Thanks
Old 10-07-2015, 07:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Congrats on 7 days! Feeling exhausted can definitely be part of the initial withdrawal phase, which you could still be in at 7 days. If you are concerned about it see a doctor for a checkup if you haven't since you quit....getting a physical and some general testing could ease your mind and also let you know if you are lacking in any areas of nutrition, etc.
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I do think it's normal to feel anxious and lethargic in the first week or so of recovery. I think there are things you can do to help yourself. You could get outside and walk or begin some kind of exercise program. And, it can help to eat properly, something I neglected while drinking.
  # 4 (permalink)  

Herc. Great job on 7 days. Yes, its normal. Let your body rest. Drink plenty of water and be sure to eat. Better spoken members will come along and give you plenty of advise. But I wants to give you some quick assurance. Again, great job.
Old 10-07-2015, 08:09 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

7 days is fantastic I was like this at that time
Old 10-07-2015, 11:13 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Sounds about right, I was tired for a few weeks after quitting, if like me it took years of drinking to bring you to Sobriety, then it's going to take more than a mere week for the body to repair and adjust.

Hang in there, Day 7 is fantastic!!
Old 10-07-2015, 11:27 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hercules View Post
Iam 7 days sober today and feel absolutely awful no energy a little anxious and completely lethargic. I was not a daily drinker but use to binge 2-3 a week and on at least one of those sessions it would be 30 plus units black out drunk! Is it normal to feel like this and how long does it last??

Thanks
I'm not sure how long it lasts; each person is different. I can totally relate to the frequenc;y per week and the duration as well; and of course the drunk part.
Old 10-07-2015, 01:22 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Congratulations on 7 days Hercules

Us drinkers often have low iron/B12 levels which could explain the lack of energy so a visit to your doctor wold certainly do no harm