Notices

Stressing big time

Old 10-06-2015, 01:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Stressing big time

The good news, tomorrow will be 3 weeks sober for me. Stressfull news, I've been applying and interviewing for new jobs the past few weeks. Been kinda slow, had an offer fall through which got me down. The past 2 days though have been a barrage of phone calls and offers. You would think this would be a good thing right? Well it is and isnt. It's like walking on eggshells trying to juggle. I have 1 job that I really want and the rest are lesser pay and lesser interest. Unfortunately, the job I really want I won't get an answer about an offer until tomorrow. Which puts me in a position of stalling employers who have made an offer, for an employer who hasn't made one yet. Of course my initial reaction is "go grab some booze from the store, that'll calm you down until you hear back tomorrow". I haven't and don't plan on it ... just pulling my hair out with anticipation. Ahhhh! (Not literally pulling my hair out)
Old 10-06-2015, 02:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Keep going strong MadM. You know buying booze would be the worst thing you could do right now. Multiple offers is a great and positive thing... don't go down the road to destroy everything by drinking.

Great job on staying strong!
Old 10-06-2015, 02:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Wow, good luck with the job offer coming through! I imagine it would be stressful juggling in this situation, but it's great that you have a lot of pots in the fire. Even better that you are not going to be drinking over it! I'll keep my fingers crossed that the one you like best will come through.
Old 10-06-2015, 02:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I try to live by my signature - everything really will be ok in the end

Try not to freak out too much - I hope you get the job you want MM - best wishes - and remember we're here for you through these tight couple of days

D
Old 10-06-2015, 02:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Hey MM....I have been job searching too & was stressing about the outcome...I realized that I needed to "let it go", take the action I needed & trust it would work out one way or the other....as soon as I did, good things happened & I start a great new job Monday! Nothing would screw that up quicker than me drinking. Good things coming for you!
Old 10-06-2015, 06:11 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I understand your anticipation. But when I was so busy I didn't know what to do, I would always remember "its a good problem to have". That problem being too much work (own a small company). You have the same good problem. Job offers coming in left and right, but the one you want, you need to wait a day. It'll be ok, at least you have options. Good for you.
Old 10-06-2015, 06:42 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Job hunting is always stressful, so good for you for getting through this. Hopefully the job you really want will come through!
Old 10-06-2015, 06:48 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Here's hoping your number one choice comes through for you tomorrow, Madmartigan.

In the meantime, some deep breathing might be helpful to relieve the stress.

Let us know what happens. Fingers crossed.
Old 10-06-2015, 06:56 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Don't stress out about taking the additional day to hear back on the job you want. As a hiring manager myself, if I make an offer I typically don't expect an immediate response. Relax and do your best to enjoy your evening. Fingers crossed for you and good job staying sober through this hectic time!
Old 10-07-2015, 01:37 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Alochol is not going to help anything, when talking to employers and going to interviews you want to be fresh and alert, that's what's going to pay off with the right job!!

Good luck!!
Old 10-07-2015, 06:29 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

How are you doing today Mm?
Old 10-07-2015, 08:14 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats MM