SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   One week ... (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/376913-one-week.html)

Thanos 10-06-2015 10:35 AM

One week ...

Hello,

Well, I finally have seven consecutive days of sobriety. This last withdrawal was the worst ever. I spent all day on the second day googling liver failure, sure I was on my last leg. And I am still obsessing about that. Even today I am so extremely tired and my head is all fuzzy. I am sitting here at work and can't concentrate on what I have to do. I just want to be in bed. I have never been this tired in the daytime, even after huge binges and while hungover.

I made a doctor's appointment for tomorrow. I am keeping my fingers crossed. But at seven days, to still be this exhausted and fuzzy, I have so much anxiety ! :plzhelp:

But I am glad to be done with my last withdrawal, my last drink! I would have posted more in September but I kept failing and binging (basically every single day) ... So I wanted to only post again when I had at least some time. Sucks to fail every time you try, you know? But this time is so different, and I feel like I can finally get this. Just hope it's not too late for my body to heal from all the abuse it's taken

SoberLeigh 10-06-2015 10:41 AM

Great job on 7 days, Thanos.

Fatigue, lethargy and foggy-brain seem to be common themes in early recovery; sometimes it takes a while for those symptoms to clear. Stay strong; those symptoms, while bothersome, are temporary.

Sobriety is worth the effort, I promise.

Jillian2563 10-06-2015 10:41 AM

It's not too late. God job in one week. I know how hard it is. Keep going.

BringingBackB 10-06-2015 10:47 AM

Congrats on 1 week Thanos :)

Thanos 10-06-2015 10:49 AM

Thanks guys, I appreciate the reassurance ... I have been really emotional since day four, and I feel like I could cry all afternoon if I wasn't at work ... Thank goodness I am in public huh? Definitely some erratic brain rewiring beginning to happen I guess.

ZeldaFan 10-06-2015 10:52 AM

Congrats on 1 week! I suggest seeing your doctor just to talk over your drinking history, your process so far and to get some blood work as a baseline. Helps put your mind more at ease as well. I was super tired for the first few weeks to the point where I would get home from work and just want to go to bed. It eventually got better and I settled into a more regular pattern. Your body is healing and using energy to do so. Keep up the good work!

dru1085 10-06-2015 10:55 AM

It takes some time for the body to heal, but the liver is a resilient organ.. give it some rest .. it might take a few weeks or even months tbh.. but the withdrawals go away after a few days or a week , should get better every day depending... well keep it up mate :D

Grats on 7 days

Dru -

brynn 10-06-2015 10:58 AM

Nice job, thanos! Just remember it won't always be like this. Things will get better with time. Hang in there you're doing great! :)

PurpleKnight 10-06-2015 11:45 AM

1 Week is fantastic Thanos!! Keep it going!! :scoregood

Soberwolf 10-06-2015 12:20 PM

:scoregood

Dee74 10-06-2015 03:14 PM

I'm really glad you have a week up Thanos :)

If you need help with working out a plan to take you forward from here, there's no shortage of willing shoulders to help :)

D

thomas11 10-06-2015 05:59 PM

Hi Thanos, do you have some other support other than SR? Family, a good friend maybe? Its hard not having anyone to talk to. And this is coming from a guy (me) who is extremely private.

FreeOwl 10-06-2015 06:03 PM

way to go!!!

It'll just keep getting better. Stick with it!

:You_Rock_

ast1 10-06-2015 08:20 PM

Great job!!! Congratulations!!

Sinderos 10-06-2015 08:34 PM

One week is awesome! Congrats!!! Regarding the exhaustion, mine lingered for a couple of weeks. Going to the doctor is a great idea. I'm at 42 days and am doing much better, but still have ups and downs emotionally. It takes a while to get "all better". I must admit though, I feel better physically and emotionally than I have in years. I can't wait to be 100% all the way around. :)

Congrats again! Keep up the great work!

Verdantia 10-07-2015 01:14 AM

Hey, Thanos!
A week is excellent; keep it up and I guarantee that you will feel much better. Our bodies can take a great deal of abuse and bounce back-the liver is particularly resilient. I have over 4 months of sobriety now and I have my interest in cycling and fitness back, and a lot of other wholesome things I had no time for when I was busy ruining my life with drink....