Notices

Strange things are happening to me.

Old 10-08-2015, 06:00 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SusanE View Post
ForeverFuzzy, I went from someone who operated under such tight control, when I said dinner was at 6:00, it was ready right at 6:00, maybe 6:05. I'm so forgetful now, I have to go through the garbage looking for clues as to what we had for dinner. There's usually a clue or two on my nightgown as I seem to have forgotten how to feed myself.

I don't want to see a doctor. I'm physically fine. I know this from my recent 5-day hospitalization. Cat scans and daily blood tests. Until that time, I was in the best shape of my life. Suddenly, I'm falling apart.
Susan are you thinking it could be something other than alcohol?

I hope this is taken in the kind way it's intended. I spent a few years trying to figure out what was wrong with me. Only to find out it was alcohol. I'm the person that people (STILL) say has so much willpower.

But I've found that high ability for control can turn on a person.....it's the opposite side of the coin to addictions, habits, eating disorders, obsessions, etc.

It's the same part of the brain (or chemical in the brain....I can't remember) that says: "go go go!" And the OPPOSITE says "stop stop stop!" We with drinking problems tend to get caught in the "go!" chemical/area in the brain. But staying in either area of the brain can cause problems. ...like a record skipping.

Researchers are learning so much lately that can help us. I hope this info is helpful to someone. The brain is a bunch of nerves and synapses and chemicals and alcohol makes it misfire. Makes us do things we don't want to do.
Old 10-08-2015, 06:06 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Sorry for so many replies in a row. Just had to say how much we all feel your pain, Susan. It SUCKS to feel how you're feeling. It's the worst. We have been there. The downward spiral that makes no sense. The "what in the h3ll is wrong with me?" feeling.

We are here for you throughout.