Notices

28 Day Check in and Inventory

Old 10-06-2015, 07:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

28 Day Check in and Inventory

Today I have been sober 28 days. I've noticed the following changes.

Health: Finally enjoying that sober sleep on a much more regular basis. Pounding heart and night sweats are gone. Nails and skin are looking a lot better. Haven't lost much weight, but feel less bloated. Still having some headaches (related to another issue) but not as severe.

Work: Continues to be busy, but so productive. I track my hours and noticed in this last month that I've worked almost double the hours that I did when I was drinking. (So much for my "high functioning alcoholic" narrative). Despite working more, I've worked in a much calmer and more productive manner. My focus is so improved; I'm not jumping from thing to thing, distracted. And I finished a huge project that has been "almost done" for months, but has been moldering due to my anxiety about the project. Ironically, despite working more, I seem to be more aware when exhaustion is hitting, and stopping and resting vs. driving myself on as I did when I drank.

Outlook: My mood continues to be upbeat, but this week had its challenges. I experienced some triggers, some situational, others emotional. I white-knuckled it through some, played the tape through others, and talked through my feelings in the case of others. I did not drink. And I feel stronger for having gone through that.

Relationships: Coming out of the fog, I see that I have put my partner on the back burner these last few months in particular. I find myself really engaging when we are talking, looking into his eyes and really listening. It is a small thing, but something I noticed.

Thank you to all of you for the support and inspiration.

I plan to keep inventorying, but might move to recording every two weeks now.
Old 10-06-2015, 07:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

That is all very good news Matilda, you've come a long way in 28 days! Congratulations on your success and thank you for sharing.
Old 10-06-2015, 11:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Day 28 is fantastic Matilda!! Keep it going!!
Old 10-06-2015, 11:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

That is a great achievement! Awesome work and it is inspiring to hear about the good that is to come
Old 10-06-2015, 11:26 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congrats on 28 days, Matilda.

Good to hear that so many things are improving and going well for you.

Great post; thanks.
Old 10-06-2015, 11:37 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

Great Job Matilda