Notices

Look up weekender thread October 2 Pt. 2

Old 10-07-2015, 05:48 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Wow...I better get some pumpkin if there is a shortage. I love pumpkin pie and pumpkin bread.
I feel like I might be getting sick. Have that funny feeling in my chest and throat. So I took some vitamin C and was in my pj's by 6pm. Gonna watch some netflix and get to bed early. I hope I'm not getting sick.
tetra...I hope you get the hospital job.
btw...I chopped my hair off last week. I told the stylist that my shoulder length hair felt boring and it was making me feel boring. She gave me a stylish short cut and I LOVE it! It has given me such a lift and I even feel like I look younger. I recommend it.
Old 10-07-2015, 06:05 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Helpful hint - if there's no canned pumpkin, used mashed sweet potatoes in your recipes. Bake them in the skins, mash them, strain if necessary to get rid of any fibers. No one will know the difference. I haven't bought canned pumpkin in years. The first year I made the thanksgiving pie with sweet potato instead of pumpkin, only my mother knew. We didn't say anything, because my grandmother always swore she hated sweet potatoes with a passion and wouldn't touch them. She said it was a better pie than usual. We let her finish it before we told her. She was shocked, and said I should do it that way from then on. So I have.
Old 10-07-2015, 07:15 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Yay, MLD!! That's an awesome story.

Venecia, I used to go to the st. Paul farmer's market downtown by the train depot building thing. It's been a while since I've been to the twin cities so I forget what it's actually called. Then I'd hit the market in Minneapolis by the Basilica. Ah, memories.

Sao, NOW Waitrose has Libby's canned pumpkin. . I smuggled it over a good 12 years ago.

Resting around the living room. Getting ready to think about bed.
Old 10-07-2015, 07:30 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

That is a cool story, MLD. Yep, whatever hit you has hit me, too. Unless I feel a gazillion times better, it looks like tomorrow is a sick day for me. Blechhhhhhh.

Ruby, it's just called the St. Paul Farmers Market. The area you referred to, Lowertown, has undergone a rebirth. It is now the hot and happenin' part of town.

Here's a little trip down memory lane for you:

http://www.stpaulfarmersmarket.com/

I got 6-7 inches cut last year. My occasional forays into hair that falls anywhere beneath my shoulders is permanently over. And happily so!
Old 10-07-2015, 07:44 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Marty I'm with you. This whole year has been a year of sober firsts and I can honestly say that I love my sober life (and my sober self) so much better! Simple things give me joy now and I like that.

Olive...I went to the black and white store today and thought of you! If there's one in your area you've got to check it out! You'll love it!

See y'all on the new bus tomorrow! Sweet dreams!
Xo
Old 10-07-2015, 07:46 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Oh....and y'all don't breathe on me! I don't want to catch your cooties!
Old 10-07-2015, 07:52 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

G'night, campers.
Old 10-07-2015, 07:58 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Pumpkin #2 below from the lil Festival we went to last Weekend. No shortage around here of them in the Fields. They everywhere.

I spoke too soon here last night, imagining that no Wine would be consumed. This was not the case. It almost happened again tonight. Sooooo, I firmly stated that 'I did not want Alcohol around over Dinner'.

'Why'?

'Because I'm burned out on being around Alcohol all the time'

'But, it's not that often'. Actually, this would have been 3 Nights straight. One of those 'give 'em an inch and they'll take a Mile' Scenarios that started last Camping Trip when I stupidly OKed her request to 'have a Glass' with Dinner while Camping. Out of a Bottle that was smuggled up in our Trailer somewhere. That Alcohol discussion should have taken place before we launched, and I deeply resented her Power Play. Got over it. Too nice an Eclipse to eff up over such BS.

'OK, I'll just drink when you're not around then'.

'That's one solution...'

A quiet, terse Dinner, and off to the Bedroom in a huff to watch TV. Me and Da Pooch are Lovin' Life outside. She came out to show me a funny Dog Video, so that lil Teen-style huffy moment passed.

She doesn't know I know she flat-out lied to me again today, and stopped by her DrunkAzz Gal Pal's House. Likely to swill some Wine. That Relationship is serving a purpose right now as she adjusts to Rural Life here, so I decided some time ago to let those lies pass.

The real motive behind making an initial stand tonight was to lay groundwork for no more Wine while out Camping, and to nix the idea that every fn Home-based Meal has to have Wine involved. The Battle Royale will be when her Drinking Pals want to stop by this remote location, and I'm expected to just 'suck it up'. You know, since I'm the Sober one making things difficult...-)

Baby Steps...

Old 10-07-2015, 10:18 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning everyone,

Feel better soon HaF, Venecia

Sorry to read about your situation MesaMan, an occasional glass of wine is reasonable but 3 days in a row is unfair. I guess talking it through is all you can really do. It is so difficult for non alcoholics to understand how hard it is
Old 10-08-2015, 01:24 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  

I hope you feel better Venencia!!!

Nice pumpkin MM!
Old 10-08-2015, 01:36 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  
saoutchik

It reminds me of someone
Old 10-08-2015, 01:47 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Who??
Old 10-08-2015, 01:48 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Oh HAF feel better! Sorry I missed it first go round!
Old 10-08-2015, 02:22 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

me waiting for the new thread
Old 10-09-2015, 10:35 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Tetra, I think "The Isles" have the most beautiful skies on earth. Your picture confirms that.