Notices

Look up weekender thread October 2 Pt. 2

Old 10-06-2015, 05:09 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
...holds the key

How do you feel about him moving out, Ruby? Solidarity indeed.

When I first quit drinking...last December...I moved into a hotel to preserve my sobriety. A few months passed, I went back home and decided to give it another whirl with my man. Even then I knew it wasn't going to work but I stayed just so I could say I gave it all I had. If I would've gone with my gut at the first of the year I wouldn't be in this position now. It would've been a much cleaner break. Always Go with your Gut! Lesson learned.

I went through a phase years ago where I got involved in a charismatic church. It wasn't patriarchal in the sense that it had a woman pastor and women were in key leadership roles in the church. Like Trach, I think I liked the 'feeling'. The music was incredibly powerful and the messages were positive and empowering. I don't see anything wrong with that. If you're uplifted and encouraged I say it's a good thing.

Jen....congrats on your dates this weekend! I'm looking forward to being single for the first time since I was 12! Ha! Maybe I'll finally surpass Miss Della posting! Yippee!
Old 10-06-2015, 05:10 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
...holds the key

HAF....can I come for dinner please??
Old 10-06-2015, 05:25 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Shrimp is out the Freezer, and I'm on Deck. Mebbe Shrimp Tostadas. I always make plenty of 'extras'. Salt 'em, and enjoy the best Chips on the Planet.

Out here, Cranes flying overhead on Migration. Got the first bit of our mega-Order from Amazon. It got put in the clean Trash Can I put way out at our Gate. The Lid w/Bungee Cord I rigged up was even used by the Parcel Person. Safe and dry.

I got nuffin' on all the Home 'stuff' going on here, due to 37 Years running of Marital Bliss. Wine consumption around here is way down, so I'll take it! Mebbe 1 Glass/Night after several Nights 'off'. I can cope with that.

I started recording Church Choirs on Reel-to-Reel Tape Decks in 8th Grade. Love the tone and echo. I've ducked into U.K. and other amazing Chapels just to sit in back and listen. Amazing Engineering achievements, to be sure. I love that aspect. Right up there with huge Civil Engineering Projects, and River Locks.

Early Church designs, like large internal Spans, were really dicey experiments back then. It wasn't known if they'd hold over time, or not. Architectural Design types had to fight it out with Church Honchos in Power Battles over what was 'too radical' or not.

Singing in School Stairwells is one way to seemingly-perfect Vocal Pitch. The Echo 'pulls' your Ear to being in tune.
Old 10-06-2015, 05:27 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Let's hope there is a good outcome for Ruby and MR Ruby.

Something died here! I spent a good portion of the afternoon trying to figure it out. At first I thought maybe a gas leak. I held up a match to all the fireplace connections so that was eliminated. With all of the boxes in the room I took them outside one by one and gave everything the sniff test. Looked under everything... Then covered the duct vents - ETC. I think something must have gotten into my fire place vent and decided to end it all. I really don't want to start ripping it apart. Gonna let it fester till the morning. But I recall smelling something dead a week or so ago outside as I entered. Perhaps it wasn't really outside. Investigation will continue. I'll know more after the night time temperature inversion.
Shot the bow today First time in two years with a bum shoulder last year. It's dead on! Well a couple inches to the right but I stuck two arrows within a dime of each other. Dead center on my spot. Maybe it's cause I can't wear glass when I shoot? No glasses in the field, no glasses in practice.
Old 10-06-2015, 05:27 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Yes, brynn. Come on over. The peach crisp is delicious. No ice cream or whipped cream in the house, fortunately. It is yummy by itself.
Old 10-06-2015, 05:28 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

I am thinking of you Brynn and Ruby
Old 10-06-2015, 05:44 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Sending good thoughts out to Brynn and Ruby. As I've followed your journeys here on SR, I know that there have been painful chapters in your home lives. In coming days and weeks, I hope that peacefulness surrounds you. And I hope that sobriety is gained by both Mr. B. and Mr. R., too. Hang in there, ladies.

Something of a series of emotional whiplashes on this end. I attended the funeral of my father's only sibling, a sister, yesterday. They had a cordial relationship but their paths in life had diverged so early that they had little in common. Her death was expected, though still sad, of course.

Today had been brighter. We are in the midst of a major workplace event. I did a big presentation today and do think I aced it. And -- quite nice -- annual awards were presented today and a team for which I'd done work earlier in the year won our leader's top award for "outstanding team." They were kind enough to include me in the nomination so I was part of the team recognized at a lunchtime banquet. It was very rewarding professionally.

Checked personal email as the day was winding down to learn that the son of a cousin (maternal side) has taken his own life. He was 22. When I took Mom on a vacation last month, we spent a delightful afternoon with the cousin and his lady friend. I'd not seen much of his son in recent years; the cousin's divorce was very acrimonious. He spoke some of his son, both his concerns but also his hopes that a somewhat directionless path was moving toward greater stability. Such a terrible thing, one that will change my cousin's life (and his ex's) forever.

Be kind to yourselves, friends. There is gentleness in this world and I hope we can all find a way to embrace it.

V.
Old 10-06-2015, 05:52 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Della1968 View Post
I am thinking of you Brynn and Ruby
Me too.

Refi moving ahead. Appraisal set for Saturday. She made a point of saying she would be taking pictures. All is good except for the spare room. Should I care that it is the room that holds all the stuff I really have no room for? It looks much like a storage unit. Sigh. I am not sure I have the energy to purge it before the weekend.
Old 10-06-2015, 06:53 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Hugs to Brynn and Ruby.
Brynn - I feel this is a good move for you. I've been following the twisted tale of your relationship and all the angst it has caused you. You don't need any of that nonsense. You gave him more than enough chances to clean up his act. He's on his own now, to figure out if and how to finally get his act together. I hope you feel no responsibility for this latest relapse - he can try to manipulate you into feeling it's somehow your fault - but I'm sure you realize that's addict behavior and has nothing to do with you.

Ruby - perhaps this is what Mr. Ruby needs. If he strings enough sober days together he may just realize how much better sober is. Good luck to you.
Old 10-06-2015, 06:58 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

I went for a long hike tonight - possibly not the brightest idea, since I'm still not feeling so great. But I felt the need to get out of the house. The guy friend went with - and I was reminded once again how much I like him when he's sober. We even talked quite a bit about sobriety. He admits he's probably going to have to take the big step sooner or later. I'll be ok with him still drinking IF he can not be a jerk when he does. I don't have high hopes for that. He's been good lately, though. On his best behavior. Drinking less around me. That's cool.

Heading for bed. Goodnight, friends.
Old 10-06-2015, 08:28 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Hi everyone and thanks. We'll see how this works out. Have the feeling Mr Ruby will suddenly decide he can do it on his own, again. He's proved he can't and this is a good step before he gets out of control. Or loses his job. Or gets arrested. All those yets.

MLD, your hike sounds like just the thing. Hopefully your guy friend figures out that sobriety isn't being condemned to heck. It's pretty great most of the time.

Venecia, hugs. How awful for your cousin. What a shame.

Brain, hopefully you don't have to deconstruct anything to figure out the source of the smell. Ick. My living room stinks but I don't think it's anything dead. Just kids spilling crap on the sofa.

Della, you're a peach and so are you, HaF. That peach treat would be welcome here. No peaches though. Chunky monkey ice cream for me tonight

I always feel that the church structure absorbs the energy emitted by the people who worship. A sense of peace. The AA meeting I usually attend is in a former church building and has that vibe to it most of the time.

And now, I have to make sure son's in bed. See you all later.
Old 10-06-2015, 08:41 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Good night, good people.
Old 10-06-2015, 11:09 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning everyone, happy hump day
Old 10-06-2015, 11:54 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Earth Child

Good Morning / Afternoon /Evening to you all
i hope you are all well
Today av got the hospital getting a camera down my throat
really not looking forward to it but ill be knocked out but am not allowed to eat or drink
Old 10-07-2015, 01:00 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Have a good day everyone. Talk to someone you love and be kind to yourselves.

Night night.
Old 10-07-2015, 05:50 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Good Wednesday morning everyone!

Endoscopy's not fun . Sorry you have to go through that.

Ruby....I'll be praying this works for your husband. I'm glad you feel good about it.

Hope everyone has a good day
Old 10-07-2015, 05:52 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Good morning eveyone -happy hump day.
I hope your medical procedure goes ok mental...
busy work day for me today. Should be productive.
Time for more coffee. ..see you all later. I hope we all have a great day!
Old 10-07-2015, 07:04 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Ladies AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN Gentlemen! Good Morning.

I guess I gotta deal with the mystery smell today.
Good luck with the refi Olive - they only need a picture to prove there is a room and how big it is. And that it is not a disaster area - cluttered with stuff doesn't count.
If someone came in here and took photos of my rooms I would be nominated to be on hoarders. It's a silent war going on that only I'm privy to...
Old 10-07-2015, 07:07 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Death Mental! Welcome to the weekender thread. Good luck with the camera thing - are you making some kind of avant-garde movie?
This thread is called the WEEKENDER THREAD because it was started to help folks in early recovery make it through the weekend. It has morphed into a week long thread because Ruby just couldn't let it go. So we all join in to keep her company. Kidding.

A new thread will start tomorrow morning by WEASEL and will have "weekend" in the title. Please join us and 'sign in'. Let everyone know how you are doing and if you need any help for anything. Whatever is on your mind, let us know. This is a good group of people. There is a lot of foolery but it can turn serious in a heartbeat. Whenever anyone is having an issue with staying sober or anything, just speak it and the troops will come to the rescue.
Hope to see you here this weekend - starting tomorrow. Welcome aboard. I'm saving you a seat.
Old 10-07-2015, 07:20 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

A Webcam view from 'ED_in_burr_uuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhh', as it's properly pronounced.

- Edinburgh Royal Mile Webcam -

Other Webcams around Scotland here...

- Assorted Scottish Webcams -