Notices

****this

Old 10-06-2015, 12:42 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Are you seeing bugs on your skin now? Surely that isn't part of BPD?

You have the AA symbol on your posts. Have you spoken to your sponsor about this? They may know of other resources in your local area that others in the fellowship have used. It could be worth a chat.

And I agree with Dee that 3-4 weeks is FAR too long.
Old 10-06-2015, 02:32 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Don't have much to add other than wishing you all the best with the difficult times you're going through. Mental Health provision over here has really taken a beating, and it's awful that your suffering has increased as a result.

Does seem like Mindfulness is the flavour of the month right now, but there are other approaches that might suit you better if that one isn't doing it for you, and hopefully your Doctor can offer advice on that. As people keep saying, things will get better, even if it's hard to see how right now. Having your family as motivation to get through this is hopefully a help for you.
Old 10-06-2015, 06:05 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Earth Child

Thats why i dont think i have BPD according to them i do
going to see my dr as soon as i can get an appointment need to see a dr anyway about another matter
As for AA i havent been going i dont have a sponsor as av not been going to meeting that much but i know i need to get one am going to a meeting tonight
i have problems with talking in front of people and that is one of the reasons why i dont go much
i need to kinda get out of my shell my husband has to take me there and back i cant have money apart from 50p for the donations
my husband feels that i should just go to two AA meeting a week on a Wednesday and a Saturday as those ones are nearby were i live
going to tonight one as tomorrow am having medical procedure witch will effect me talking

Thank you all for replying to me
i hope you are all well
Old 10-06-2015, 07:17 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

It's fantastic that your husband shows an interest in your recovery and takes you to meetings. However, if you want to go to more meetings and getting there is a stumbling block as he can't / won't take you, it's always worth mentioning at your local meetings as someone is likely to be going to other ones nearby and offer you a ride. Especially when you're shy and don't like speaking in groups, when you get lifts to meetings it's a great opportunity to chat in a more comfortable 1:1 way. That's how I got to know a few people really well who have become good personal friends.
Old 10-06-2015, 11:15 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear of how your feeling Aum!!
Old 10-06-2015, 12:39 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Earth Child

I am so ******* angry right now the meeting tried to go to tonight wasnt on i blew my temper at my husband a few times
i feel like i need to drink or take drugs or cut
my husband must think am off my head really want to put my hand through a window

I cant see my regular dr i have to wait two weeks before i can see her
the other drs dont know me as well as my regular dr does

Old 10-06-2015, 12:50 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

sorry you couldn't get into the meeting Aum. Try and think what your doctors might suggest you do in the meantime...I am guessing that they woudn't recommend drinking or cutting. Does your therapist have an emergency number you could possibly call and set up an appt soon?
Old 10-06-2015, 12:50 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Aum- I'm so sorry for what you are going through! And the fact that you can't get immediate help (that you need). Hang in there- it seems a very positive note that you are hanging on to your sobriety in spite of what is in your head. You know there are people here that care about you- being a newby here- I can already see that! Take care- be strong- keep fighting!
Old 10-06-2015, 02:24 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Earth Child

i dont have a number for my therapist in emergencies am mental to call the crisis team who will tell me to have a mug of tea and then go to bed
( yea like that works )

oh am no longer Aum am DeathMental

feeling low and moody
i have to go to hostipal tomorrow to get a camrea down my throat to see why i cant swallow right
no food and no water
i get dry month so am going to be in one hell of a mood tomorrow
Old 10-06-2015, 05:03 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Hang in there, DM. Keep posting. The no food or water thing is crappy but at least you will get some medical help with that problem. Is there any small thing you can do to lift your mood a bit? A nice bath or blob out in front of a movie? Keep posting. Oh, I already said that.... :-)
Old 10-08-2015, 02:44 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Peace, Love, Sobriety

Yes, try to keep yourself as busy as possible and keep in touch with us! When I first got sober I did jigsaw puzzles for a few months straight, just to keep my hands busy and try to focus my mind on something that was not a drink or a drug.