Notices

Done with Day Five

Old 09-05-2004, 10:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Done with Day Five

With sleep being hard to come by anyway, we had a scary kid (adult) crisis today that lasted from 4 a.m. to almost 9 a.m. and, I'm sorry to say, it was alcohol related. My daughter was in tears, my son was being a drunken fool and they were 250 miles away. They are home and fine now but there was some discord between hubby and I about how to handle the situation.

It had rained all day Saturday and I went downstairs this morning to find the basement flooded. I realized when taking the trash out that someone had stolen my daughter's mountain bike and later discovered that I had been called to do some temp work for an attorney last week, but my husband forgot to give me the message. I'm desparate for work and couldn't understand how the heck he could forget something like that!

(sarcasm on) Sobriety doesn't get any better than this. (sarcasm off)

We planned a quiet evening watching movies but I wasn't in a quiet mood. So, I spent a good part of the time with a kid's paint-by-number kit. It required no thinking (good thing because I was brain dead) but a lot of focus. The combination turned out to be quite calming and allowed me to be with my family without exploding at anybody or dissolving into tears.

I'm happy that I didn't drink but feeling a little desparate for sound sleep. Maybe tonight. :sleeping:

Tracy
Old 09-05-2004, 11:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Paused

:35: Let me give your a hand. Your patience was certainly tried today and you made it through sober. That deserves another hand. :35: We never know what life is going to hand us, learning to cope with it's unpredictable nature is a learning process. Keep up the hard work. Sounds like you're well on your way to handling the bad days.

Talia
Old 09-06-2004, 03:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

Congradulations on 5 days and for keeping your sense of humor ! Keep the faith ..Trish
Old 09-06-2004, 03:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Boy Tracy,
A big congradulations on not drinking. You really have been having quite the time of it lately. Imagine, you went through all that without finding it necessary to pick up a drink. That to me is a miracle. You are a miracle in recovery. Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing with us your trials. I'm praying for some tribulations to come your way. Sounds like you could use some good news.
Old 09-06-2004, 07:26 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Chy

Your too funny! Congrats on day 5!! Life still happens sober, and the good thing is you didn't have to take a drink to deal with it! Yipeeee for you!
Old 09-06-2004, 07:32 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Tracy,

Glad to hear you made it through!! I woke up today (day 2) with a clear head and without having to wonder what I forgot about last night. I have not had any challenges yet - trying to keep it one hour at a time. Way to go!
Old 09-06-2004, 07:45 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congrats Tracy and jmhs!!

You are both doing wonderful!